Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content center display name

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
andrewiv
165 Views, 4 Replies

Content center display name

I've found other posts on this topic, but have not found where anyone was able to set the display name of content center parts to the default display name.  I don't want to set a column in the table to be the display name, I just want the content center parts to behave like any other part file.  I have worked around it by adding an iLogic rule to my content center parts that resets the display name by changing the Document.DisplayNameOverridden value to False and having that run before save. 

I hope I'm just missing something and that there is a way to not override the display name for content center parts so I can remove this rule from my templates.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CGBenner
in reply to: andrewiv

@andrewiv 

Hi Andrew.  Do you mean the Browser display name?  Can you share a few examples (images maybe?) of what you are up against with CC parts not showing up the way you want them to, versus the Part Name itself?  It could be that some of these are not coming even from the CC, but the module you are using (ex. T&P).  Seeing some examples might help.  Thanks!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 5
andrewiv
in reply to: CGBenner

Yes the browser display name.  When I have the display name set to filename, for example, it puts the value of the filename column as the display name.  Which is normally what I would want, but that only works for "standard" parts.

andrewiv_0-1719338220632.png

If I save it as a custom part it will still put the value that is created from the expression and not the actual file name.  I have to delete the display name to reset it back to the default of file name.

andrewiv_1-1719338422764.png

If I remove the display name mapping, then the custom parts work fine.  

andrewiv_3-1719338704807.png

But the standard parts default to family name and size designation.

andrewiv_4-1719338773942.png

Here is my expression for the file name column.

andrewiv_2-1719338533531.png

I just want content center parts to behave like normal parts unless I tell it not to.

Here is the iLogic code I put into my templates to work around this.

Dim oDoc As Document = ThisDoc.Document

oDoc.DisplayNameOverridden = False

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 4 of 5
A.Acheson
in reply to: andrewiv

Hi @andrewiv 

I have a feeling it will only do this by default due to internal mapping. You normally don't even see the mapping of displayname as it's been done internally and automatically untill you manually map it;s use. 

"But the standard parts default to family name and size designation."

You could maybe set up an external ilogic code to work on new files and detect content center parts (custom) and change the behavior of the display name. It might be a little work but might work better than embedding code in all the files. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 5 of 5
andrewiv
in reply to: A.Acheson

I thank you for the suggestion, I will give this a try but I still think that there should be an option to use default display name for all content center files.  That is probably best handled in the ideas forum.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report