Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center data not populating properly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cbenner
183 Views, 2 Replies

Content Center data not populating properly

@johnsonshiue

We spoke at AU about the title problem, and you were going to have someone investigate this as a possible bug.  As a reminder, we were discussing how Content Center data were not being populated to parts that are generated through sub systems such as Frame Generator and Tube & Pipe.  Systems where the components are generated as opposed to being placed by the user.  The example we gave at AU was the part number information from the CC not getting onto the part, and having to be manually entered later.

This morning, while investigating another problem here in these forums, I started playing with Tube & Pipe settings, and enable the part number settings and "Prompt for Conduit Name".  After creating a new route, I populated it, and in the conduit naming dialog, I checked the button for Part Number to be inherited from Content Center.  Looking at my BOM, I saw that the part number column HAD been populated, but with the pipe length appended to it.  Checking my Family Table, I looked at the Part Number column.  There is no expression in the column to tell Inventor to add the length parameter.  I'm not sure where this came from, but I think it may be related to our AU discussion.  There is something funny going on.

See the video for a quick demo of this.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for sharing the issue and the video! It does look like a bug to me. I will work with the project team to understand the issue better.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
jan_priban
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hello,

By default, Pipe’s part number is empty, but stock number is not empty. This is an old story and no exact record.

As I think the reasons could be:

In CC, The default part number include “Length”,  but not for stock number. Normally, each pipe’s length is different, so the part number will be different, but stock number is always same.

But if length is same, the part number will be same.

So if assign part number as CC, In BOM, some items could be merged, but some are not.

If all pipes with the same part number, In BOM or Partlist, they will be merged, but it could be not expected.

The expected workflow looks that all pipes with empty part number, partlist table will list all pipes in the separated row, if you want to group them, you can edit partlist to group as stock number.

In addition, several years ago, there was an enhancement to support some options. if turn on the below options, user can change the default values.

TP_PartNumber.jpgTP_FileName.jpg

Regards

Jan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report