Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraints, VERY BASIC question

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
heikki.jalonen
282 Views, 5 Replies

Constraints, VERY BASIC question

Sorry for disturbing.  But, why does the constraint (mate) always pop the objects on opposite direction as desired?  Always and inevitably.  Really frustrating.  Where is the "reverse direction" button?  No, it's not the face opposite/same button, doesn't help.  In certain another software that button exists, not to mention.

Still running Inventor 2017.  No improvement in sight what comes to upgrades.  Me neither, not improving.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: heikki.jalonen

In newer versions (2019+) you have a little more control over that..

You now have "Opposed", "Aligned" and "Undirected".. More here.. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Inve...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6

All right, thank you very much mcgyvr!  Just what I was fear of - all the things you need are on the new version.  Too bad, need to work with the old one.

Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: heikki.jalonen

@heikki.jalonen Can you show an example (screenshot) of what you are trying to accomplish?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6

@heikki.jalonen wrote:

Where is the "reverse direction" button? 

For faces or for axis? 
More information is needed.

Message 6 of 6

@CadWhisperer: usually ... inevitably in axes mode.  Vis-a-Vis goes as it should be, mostly.

With my backround among cryptic old-school 3D-"systems", I still favor coordinate/plane/axis/origin-style object mating.  Not very Inventor'ish, must admit.  But, as a reward, Paramedics are seldom seen in my models.  Regardless of tampering and "improving" the associated objects...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report