Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraint

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
262 Views, 4 Replies

Constraint

You can see video sketch is full constrained. But my sketch is not. Please identify  the error. 

My sketch:                                                                         

1.png   

Video sketch:

2.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh1WZ6EVSuY

Time 1:05

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

just an FYI ..at .1:03 ...he says ...Lets step ahead, he edited out what he was doing. He goes from 8 to 0 constraints in a sec ..

So it's hard to know exactly what he's doing. We can constrain it ourselves but I won't be the same as him 

All I did was add a mid point and the arc constraint to make it fully contrained

2.PNG

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

Thank you
Message 4 of 5
IgorMir
in reply to: mdavis22569

You can do away with 500mm. dimension. Equal constrain (=) should be sufficient in this occasion. It will give you less entries in the Parameters list.

Cheers,

Igor.

@mdavis22569 wrote:

just an FYI ..at .1:03 ...he says ...Lets step ahead, he edited out what he was doing. He goes from 8 to 0 constraints in a sec ..

So it's hard to know exactly what he's doing. We can constrain it ourselves but I won't be the same as him 

All I did was add a mid point and the arc constraint to make it fully contrained

2.PNG

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 5 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: IgorMir

I put the .500 in so he knew that's what I was doing.   The original value he had was .649.  I didn't know if it was .500 .... however I did confirm that the 2 .500 were equal ... 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report