Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constrain non parallel faces?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
531 Views, 5 Replies

Constrain non parallel faces?

I am having difficulty containing two not parallel faces that each have holes to be attached with a bolt. I have attached the picture of how it should look and the screenshot of assembly that I'm working on. 

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

Point-Axis.

Attach your assembly here if you can't figure it out.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you for answering, but I tried so many thing yet failed. I attached the assembly in a zip folder.

Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr

In real life (and that real assembly picture) the thinner bracket bends or is bent..

That won't happen by just constraining in Inventor.. The part will stay as straight as you modeled it..

To achieve the assembly you want you will need to create that bend in the part or it will never constrain all the way..

You can use the "bend part" feature or remodel it using a contour flange or flanges in a sheet metal part

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6
TheCADWhisperer

Sorry about the video - I tried recording from my second monitor and as you can see that didn't work out so well.

I don't have time to record it over again, so I will leave it as it is and hopefully you can figure out what I did to constrain the parts.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I wanna thank both of you mcgyvr and TheCADWhisperer. Sincire thanks to TheCADWhisperer for the video you made, I learned alot. I accept your answer to be the solution as it answers my question. However, since needed to add a bolt in those hole, it remains very difficult to achieve. So I decided to bent the part and make my life easier.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report