Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community pictures March 2022

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
-niels-
899 Views, 8 Replies

Community pictures March 2022

CP_banner.png

Hey everyone, welcome to the first Community pictures topic.

I hope this name change from "Friday pictures" doesn't cause any confusion and that everyone will enjoy posting and commenting on/liking the pictures and videos that get posted here.

In case you're wondering what this topic is about, well it's pretty simple really:

You can post anything from screenshots, renders, animations, photographs and/or videos of things you've designed that you'd like to share with the rest of the community.

On this specific forum it's preferred if Inventor was used somewhere in the process.

That's it, I hope to see a lot of nice images from you all!

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CGBenner
in reply to: -niels-

Thanks @-niels- !

Hey Inventor Community, I have done a similar post over in the Fusion 360 forum, and people so far seem to like it.  They are showing off some cool designs! 

DON'T LET THEM HAVE ALL THE FUN!!

Let's see what kind of talent is in this group.  I'll kick it off.  I don't get much time to create designs like this anymore so this one is a few years old.  This was a marketing mockup of a railcar chlorine unloading station, with emergency shutoff valves on the railcar dome.  Enjoy!

0020U-02a.collaboration.png

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 9
spencer

Guess I might as well start posting some of my stuff.
This was an overall pretty simple thing, but I did get a bit creative with it. Safety people at a plant wanted to put guarding on various things, in this case a tool for cutting thin strips of sheet metal. The shape was a bit complex, but rather than attempting to model it I used a 3D scanning app on my phone and got a representation that I built the guard around (You can even see the details of the tote I used as a stand)

spencer_0-1646413660921.png

spencer_1-1646413684915.png

Overall it worked pretty well, and I used our 3D printer to make thin versions of the sides to check fit, which only required 2 revisions for correctly accommodating the handle

Message 4 of 9
pcrawley

Love your work @spencer  It's a good example of combining the scanned mesh and then modelling around it.

Would you share the name of the app you used for the scan?  I've tried a few and not had great success - certainly not as good as you appear to have achieved.  The best I've found so far is "EveryPoint".

Peter
Message 5 of 9
mpatchus

One of our substations, night scene with station lighting.

2709523 - Night 3.png

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 6 of 9
spencer
in reply to: pcrawley

I used Scandy for this one, I don't know about EveryPoint but Scandy at least uses the lidar that's built into newer phones (ie. what's used for FaceID), and seems to make a world of difference. Only catch is that only the iphone 13 and up I think have lidar for the rear camera, so when I scan something I have to use the forward-facing camera on my phone.
Little awkward, but does a pretty good job

Message 7 of 9
CGBenner
in reply to: mpatchus

@mpatchus 

😮

Wow.  Niiiiice.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 8 of 9
frank.gavilar

A quick render of a fitting design for one of our customers. 

GM¾ - Rp¾ Verloop dbv Dokkum Elster 1893B2 Beugels 01.png

Message 9 of 9
jesseKH32J

Designed a mezzanine for under a customers dust collection unit. Haven't been at this for too long but project turned out great.  Gotta get better at frame generator that's for sure. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report