Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine hole table Inventor drawing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
milan5
2189 Views, 5 Replies

Combine hole table Inventor drawing

Hello Everyone,

I have multiple views with holes in drawing. Now I want to generate hole table for all views, thing is every table start with A1 hole tag. So is there any option to create one single hole table for all views or rearrange individual hole tag as I want. I have attached image for reference.

Regards,

Milan Kantaria 

hole_table.PNG

kelly.young has embedded your image for clarity.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: milan5

I do not think this is or will be possible because of how the hole table function works.  The hole table starts by placing an origin marker in each view that a hole table will be created from.  Since this marker is view dependent, it is not possible have it share a common view.

You could however place your two models in the same view and indicate the location of the models to each other.  This will give you a combined hole table.  This method really complicate the interpretation of of the drawing so it is not recommended.

Hole Table - One View.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! John is correct. Indeed, the kind of consolidated hole table is not available in Inventor. I guess the coordinates are not required , right? You just want a list of the holes with ID from all views without the coordinates.This sounds like a very interesting idea. Please feel free to submit it to Inventor Ideas forum (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/idb-p/v1232).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 6
milan5
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hello,

Thanks for reply. 

If not combine hole table can I change hole tag for each hole table because if drawing sheet include more than one hole table, every time it start with A1 hole tag and sometimes it becomes difficult to understand.

Regards,

Milan 

Message 5 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi Milan,

Unfortunately, it does not look like there is an option to set default hole tag. They all start with A1. You will have to change each tag manually.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

There is some iLogic to renumber all the holes:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/rename-holes-in-a-hole-tabele/td-p/5420234

it's NOT fast... but it works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report