Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circular and linear pattern at the same time

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
peter
362 Views, 4 Replies

Circular and linear pattern at the same time

I need to make an shaft with milled holes.

The holes need to be offset in a axial dimension as well as rotated along the shaft axis.

But how can I do this? The circular pattern does not allow the axial offset, and the linear pattern does not allow rotation.

It needs to be controlled by iLogic, and I need many configurations, so manually making of it is not really an option.

Any suggestions?
I will have the parts made on a dual axis laithe/Turncenter. But making the parts in Inventoe is a bit of a challenge.

peter_0-1659722650794.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: peter

Attach your file here if you can't figure it out.

Message 3 of 5
blandb

Please see attached videos. 1 will do a symmetrical linear spacing and the other will be a non-uniform spacing along the curve. Hope that helps.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 4 of 5
peter

Hi CadWhisper & BlandB
Great solutions. Just what i asked for. Both solutions works great.

My next problem is to use the same technique to populte the holes with other parts. I cannot figure out how to do this. (Im on a friends computer with an 2017 Inventor) but will se if i can do it on my work computer having the latest Inventor(Well-Almost:  2022):
Thank you so much. If you got a great method for patterning parts the same way please let me know.

Pete

peter_0-1659783804706.png

Message 5 of 5
blandb

Once you have what you want constrained, next is to start the "Pattern Component" at the assembly level. Use the first tab "Feature Pattern".  This is what you use when you want to fill a feature pattern (which is what you created) and it will automatically fill the pattern with the components selected. If you change the feature pattern, the assembly will automatically update. Main thing to remember here is, the components need to be constrained into the parent feature.

pattern.png

Once you have done this, you can then go and suppress any element that you may not want and leave a blank hole, you can choose to make any element "independent" so it is free from the pattern, and if you suppress any of the feature pattern occurrences, it will automatically remove that from the assembly as well.

Hope that helps.

Autodesk Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report