Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check in from Inventor: Unknown Server Error

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
EdvinTailwind
394 Views, 6 Replies

Check in from Inventor: Unknown Server Error

Using Inventor 2023.2

Suddenly SOME of my files can't be Checked in. Very weird.

Despite reaching 100%:

EdvinTailwind_3-1685538539144.png

It prompts an error:

EdvinTailwind_4-1685538579288.png

Are there any error logs somewhere (for Inventor and/or Vault), or some kind of info that goes at least a tiny bit further than "Unknown Server Error"....?

I've also tried to check-in directly through Vault (Professional 2023.2), but it just told med this:

EdvinTailwind_5-1685539060190.png

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

@EdvinTailwind wrote:

Are there any error logs somewhere (for Inventor and/or Vault), or some kind of info that goes at least a tiny bit further than "Unknown Server Error"....?

That will be on the Vault Server.

Is that the only file has problem?

You're only user having this problem?

Reboot your computer?

Looks like they are new files.  Duplicated name?  Broken link?

Try update Vault Server, Vault Client and IV.

Message 3 of 7

I have dreaded this error in the past.... it appears usually when the Vault Server ran out of disk/storage. Check with your PDM/Vault administrator or IT infrastructure folks if this is true. They will need to add hard disk space or increase the virtual machine partition allocation for the Filestore drive.

More here:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Unable-to-check-in...

Message 4 of 7

Sorry for the late reply! I left work before seeing your replies. Upon returning this morning, everything works normally.

@Frederick_Law : Prior to posting this topic I rebooted both Inventor, Vault and finally the computer, without any success. There were 5 files that didn't work of a total of around 20. Most of them have been checked in before, while a few were new to Vault.

The error was, as you wrote, most likely on the Vault Server, and @Gabriel_Watsons hypothesis regarding disk space seems quite likely. I never got the chance to check with the Vault Server admin before this was resolved. In case I get any additional info, I'll let you know.

Message 5 of 7

Appreciate your response. This is one issue I would love to have confirmation on if you could probe your IT crowd about it (for ex., if the FileStore partition is cloud-based and automatically extended or if it was a manual job on your server). Some of these "Vault speech" prompts are worth compiling a book/FAQ on, because they give no clue on what is the underlying issue... well, maybe I should write that book someday, heh.
Message 6 of 7

Just had a chat with the senior mechanical designer over at our parent company where the servers are located (~45 km/~28 miles from here). Not Cloud-based storage, but virtual servers on our own hardware. They did have general server issues two days ago, mainly with the CMS though (which have more users than Vault), and IT had done a reboot on all hardware hoping that things would start working as expected. So unfortunately no clear answers on what could be the actual issue. The CMS and Vault Server aren't supposed to share the same hardware, but there are indications on someone (?) might have started utilizing the Vault hardware for CMS purposes.

Message 7 of 7

@EdvinTailwind 

@Frederick_Law 

@Gabriel_Watson 

Good Morning All, just wanted to let you know that I/we had the same issue, and the solution for us was a server reboot.

K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid)
Life doesn't have to be complicated.
Designs don't have to be complicated.
GOD Bless you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report