Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check in/Check out

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
175 Views, 5 Replies

Check in/Check out

We are in shared environment with two users. I had to check out all the files that I have done for the last three years using CBliss checkin/checkout program. Now then I open one of those models that has been checked out by Derek Sevier (me) from the program and I would edited it. When I try to save it, it wouldn't let me because it has been checked out by Derek Sevier (me) so I had to go to the file status to resolve. Steal the checkout from Derek Sevier (me) and why do I have to do that? I thought the way it works is if it is checked out by me and I should be able to edited and save it anytime I want.... I just think it is waste of time for me to go to file status for every model that I have done from the past years and steal my own checkout... I get nervous when the other user opens one of the models that I spend many hours on and he would do something stupid to it. 8^) I wouldn't have a clue what he has done to that model... But with this shared environment, it will help notify the user about who the file is checked out to and we can discuss it before he can go any further on those models. -- Derek Sevier Mechanical Design Engineer Quality Corporation derek dot s at donkeyforklift dot com www.donkeyforklift.com
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey, Did anyone out there hear me out? I would like to solve this little issue... -- Derek Sevier Mechanical Design Engineer Quality Corporation derek dot s at donkeyforklift dot com www.donkeyforklift.com "Derek Sevier" wrote in message news:4031015d$1_3@newsprd01... > We are in shared environment with two users. I had to check out all the > files that I have done for the last three years using CBliss > checkin/checkout program. Now then I open one of those models that has been > checked out by Derek Sevier (me) from the program and I would edited it. > When I try to save it, it wouldn't let me because it has been checked out by > Derek Sevier (me) so I had to go to the file status to resolve. Steal the > checkout from Derek Sevier (me) and why do I have to do that? I thought the > way it works is if it is checked out by me and I should be able to edited > and save it anytime I want.... I just think it is waste of time for me to go > to file status for every model that I have done from the past years and > steal my own checkout... > > I get nervous when the other user opens one of the models that I spend many > hours on and he would do something stupid to it. 8^) I wouldn't have a clue > what he has done to that model... But with this shared environment, it will > help notify the user about who the file is checked out to and we can discuss > it before he can go any further on those models. > > -- > Derek Sevier > Mechanical Design Engineer > Quality Corporation > derek dot s at donkeyforklift dot com > www.donkeyforklift.com > > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

We see the same issue. The problem is sporadic, but appears to be more prevelant on some machines (users). Don't have a solution. "Derek Sevier" wrote in message news:403213c3$1_1@newsprd01... > Hey, > > Did anyone out there hear me out? I would like to solve this little issue... > > -- > Derek Sevier > Mechanical Design Engineer > Quality Corporation > derek dot s at donkeyforklift dot com > www.donkeyforklift.com > > > "Derek Sevier" wrote in message > news:4031015d$1_3@newsprd01... > > We are in shared environment with two users. I had to check out all the > > files that I have done for the last three years using CBliss > > checkin/checkout program. Now then I open one of those models that has > been > > checked out by Derek Sevier (me) from the program and I would edited it. > > When I try to save it, it wouldn't let me because it has been checked out > by > > Derek Sevier (me) so I had to go to the file status to resolve. Steal the > > checkout from Derek Sevier (me) and why do I have to do that? I thought > the > > way it works is if it is checked out by me and I should be able to edited > > and save it anytime I want.... I just think it is waste of time for me to > go > > to file status for every model that I have done from the past years and > > steal my own checkout... > > > > I get nervous when the other user opens one of the models that I spend > many > > hours on and he would do something stupid to it. 8^) I wouldn't have a > clue > > what he has done to that model... But with this shared environment, it > will > > help notify the user about who the file is checked out to and we can > discuss > > it before he can go any further on those models. > > > > -- > > Derek Sevier > > Mechanical Design Engineer > > Quality Corporation > > derek dot s at donkeyforklift dot com > > www.donkeyforklift.com > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

The concept is ok, but it doesn't work well for me either. The whole check in and check out process is too clumsy! This should be number one priority for fixing in the next version. I have had lots of problems too. On another note, are all of your paths set up correctly, don't take offense, just asking, 2. is your project file looking in the same place as it did when you closed it?. 3. when you open up the file and resolve the part, do you search to the server to find the file, not the local drive. Jerry Chasek Minden Machine Shop Inc. "Russ Walker" wrote in message news:40325f8c_3@newsprd01... > We see the same issue. The problem is sporadic, but appears to be more > prevelant on some machines (users). Don't have a solution. > > > "Derek Sevier" wrote in message > news:403213c3$1_1@newsprd01... > > Hey, > > > > Did anyone out there hear me out? I would like to solve this little > issue... > > > > -- > > Derek Sevier > > Mechanical Design Engineer > > Quality Corporation > > derek dot s at donkeyforklift dot com > > www.donkeyforklift.com > > > > > > "Derek Sevier" wrote in message > > news:4031015d$1_3@newsprd01... > > > We are in shared environment with two users. I had to check out all the > > > files that I have done for the last three years using CBliss > > > checkin/checkout program. Now then I open one of those models that has > > been > > > checked out by Derek Sevier (me) from the program and I would edited it. > > > When I try to save it, it wouldn't let me because it has been checked > out > > by > > > Derek Sevier (me) so I had to go to the file status to resolve. Steal > the > > > checkout from Derek Sevier (me) and why do I have to do that? I thought > > the > > > way it works is if it is checked out by me and I should be able to > edited > > > and save it anytime I want.... I just think it is waste of time for me > to > > go > > > to file status for every model that I have done from the past years and > > > steal my own checkout... > > > > > > I get nervous when the other user opens one of the models that I spend > > many > > > hours on and he would do something stupid to it. 8^) I wouldn't have a > > clue > > > what he has done to that model... But with this shared environment, it > > will > > > help notify the user about who the file is checked out to and we can > > discuss > > > it before he can go any further on those models. > > > > > > -- > > > Derek Sevier > > > Mechanical Design Engineer > > > Quality Corporation > > > derek dot s at donkeyforklift dot com > > > www.donkeyforklift.com > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I have no inside knowledge, but I would suspect the Vault to eventually take over, and that very little development is going to go towards the current semi isolated environment. -- Kent Assistant Moderator Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program "Jerry Chasek" wrote in message This should be number one priority > for fixing in the next version.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I think that sounds like the way to go, was going to mention the Vault, but I have no experience with it yet. Jerry "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:403396e3$1_1@newsprd01... > I have no inside knowledge, but I would suspect the Vault to eventually take over, and > that very little development is going to go towards the current semi isolated environment. > > -- > Kent > Assistant Moderator > Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program > > > "Jerry Chasek" wrote in message > > This should be number one priority > > for fixing in the next version. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report