Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change settings - BOM Reference parts show up dashed in drawing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2272 Views, 3 Replies

Change settings - BOM Reference parts show up dashed in drawing

Is it too much to ask that the parts in my master Assembly don't show up in my parts list, but also don't show up as hideous dashed lines in my drawings? Maybe I'm misunderstanding how inventor works, but I thought that I could save myself some time and confusion by making all the parts that I didn't want to manually remove from my parts list "Reference". This worked great, but now they're all dashed lines in my assy drawing.  Which is terrible, given that a large portion of the assembly is reference.

Any tips?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
-niels-
in reply to: Anonymous

You could always set the reference line style to "off":

Reference_lines.png

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: -niels-

No no. That is precisely the opposite of what I want. That makes all of my reference parts DISAPPEAR from the drawing. I want them to be in the drawing, just as if they were REGULAR PARTS, just not show up in the BOM without having to manually remove or hide them all from the BOM. Selecting line style "as parts" wasn't sufficient either, though it was closer. All of my parts seemed to be transparent then (lines that should be hidden showed up as solid). What I found was that I had to select "as parts" for line style AS WELL AS "All Bodies" under "hidden line calculation." And to think I wasted so much time playing around with object defaults in the standards and styles window.

Anyway, thanks for your comment, it definitely helped point me in the right direction!!

Message 4 of 4
-niels-
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I want them to be in the drawing, just as if they were REGULAR PARTS

Aha, i didn't get that from your opening post... Glad you figured it out!

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report