Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Content Center Library Family Internal Name?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Calvin.hendriks
811 Views, 2 Replies

Change Content Center Library Family Internal Name?

How do I change the internal name of a family in the content center library? I have two content center libraries. They were both derived from the built in ANSI library. One has imperial dimensions, and one has metric dimensions. If I have them both active in a single project I can only see one of the two when placing from content center. If I go into the Content Center Editor, and from the dropdown select one library I can see the parts from that library. If I switch the dropdown to the other library I can see those respective parts as well, but in the merged view it only shows one of them, not both.

I made a third content center library and tried to copy one of the members there from each of the two existing libraries to see how it would behave. For example, I copied Rectangular HSS from both the metric and imperial libraries to the new library, and upon copying the 2nd one I receive an error (see attached screenshot) that I believe is the root of the issue. How do I change the internal name of the family within the content center library so that they are "unique" within the library?

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
A.Acheson
in reply to: Calvin.hendriks

@Calvin.hendriks 

Right click on the family icon when in the editor mode and select family name etc.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_J9gM1Q1_Ss

Hope that is what you were looking for.

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 3 of 3
A.Acheson
in reply to: A.Acheson

@Calvin.hendriks 

Dug into this further. Looks like your using the Copy to Read/write folder. You can have only one copy of a family in this folder using that method. It brought up the same error message when I tried to copy the family in twice but there is an internal stop to prevent this.  There is  a direct link back to the read only folder you can suppress the link but not break the link . .[One  Dog] Trained!!

If you use the Save Copy As with or without a link to the parent family you can  make as many copies as you like without the error message. ..[A litter of puppies] Need help!!

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/ENU/Inve...

Every day a school day. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report