Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chamfer error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
793 Views, 6 Replies

Chamfer error

Hi,

I am trying to create a die cutter which has 2 patterns, both patterns should have a 2.5mm chamfer in the outer side of the blade and a 4mm chamfer on the inner side. I was able to do the outer side but when I try to apply a 4mm chamfer on the inner edge an error pops up: The attempted Chamfer operation is too complicated to trim and joint to the part. 

I can't mess with the shape of the pattern since we work on the micron scale.

Any ideas of how to solve this issue?

Thanks!!

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

I would expect to see a bunch of Tangent constraints in your Sketch1, but I see only one Tangent.

I would also install the Updates.

Message 3 of 7
bob_holland

@Anonymous ,

Welcome back to the Inventor Forum.

I have to agree with @TheCADWhisperer that tangential constraints are needed on your sketch:

Missing Tangent constraints.png

I think that it is with these 6 lines but I would expect that if you are measuring down to the microns on this, you would want this sketch to be fully constrained.

Thank you and we hope to hear back from you soon.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

I Have added all the tangent constrains and now I can't do the chamfers or any side if the patter and also the measurements are a few mm off the drawing if I use tangent tool for the curve connections. Anybody knows how I can make the chamfer in this case?T2CUTTER.jpg

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: bob_holland

I Have added all the tangent constrains and now I can't do the chamfers or any side if the patter and also the measurements are a few mm off the drawing if I use tangent tool for the curve connections. Anybody knows how I can make the chamfer in this case?

Message 6 of 7
bob_holland

@NT-USA 

Here is a video on where I think the issue is with your model.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: bob_holland

Thank you!

will try to rework the shape to solve it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report