Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update "outdated" ipn in drawing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jonnosko
134 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot update "outdated" ipn in drawing

I have an idw drawing with multiple references to an ipn with different design view representations. I had to go back and modify the base iam file and swap out/add some parts, and I then proceeded to refresh all the snapshots in the ipn.

However, the idw is saying that the ipn needs to be updated to reflect the current state of the model, even though I have had the ipn opened at the same time as the idw. Regardless of whether the ipn is open in the same software instance, the "Update Model" option is greyed out when right-clicking on the relevant view. This leaves no way to reliably force the idw/ipn to be "current" and prompts me to update the model every time I open the drawing (which I obviously cannot do for stated reasons).

The behavior persists regardless of whether the associative checkbox is checked or not in the drawing view dialog.

Screenshot 2024-02-09 102510.png

Screenshot 2024-02-09 103312.png

Tags (4)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jonnosko

Hi! This sounds like a presentation drawing bug to me. Please share the files in zip here or send it to me directly. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
jonnosko
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I would send the files if I could, however all of our CAD data is restricted information and I am not allowed to distribute these files.

I will see if I can replicate the behavior with files that I can send, but it may be a while. Naturally I have to do my normal job as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report