Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open iProperties of downloaded part

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
507 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot open iProperties of downloaded part

I downloaded a part that we use on a machine from the manufacturer but the .ipt file cannot be modified. The ribbon is grayed out and so is iProperties. I just need to update the iProperties to add the inventory number.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

marked read only in Windows?

placed into your library location?

did you download an actual ipt file?

Can you post the file?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Attached the file. I downloaded it originally as either as an .ipt or a zip file i dont remember.

Message 4 of 6
mflayler

This is a CADNEAS part, these are a little more special than a typical Inventor Library file.  Think CC family template almost.  You will not be able to modify this.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 5 of 6
mflayler
in reply to: mflayler

The best you can hope for is to Derive this into another IPT, then break the link to the original.  At that point you can assign iProperties to the file.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 6 of 6
SBix26

I never download vendor parts as .ipt files, even if given the choice.  STEP or SAT for me, so it's a dumb solid.  Then I can change iProperties, appearances, even do a little bit of direct editing if needed.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2016 R3 SP2
Vault Basic 2016 SP1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
Autodesk_Inventor_Certified_Professional_Badge.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report