Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Open Inventor Templates due to AdMaterialUI.dll error

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jweiss1313
2843 Views, 10 Replies

Can't Open Inventor Templates due to AdMaterialUI.dll error

I have an Inventor 2017 user who suddenly cannot open any Inventor template files.  He first gets a message that states: "Cannot open file" (See first screen capture.  When he hits OK on the first message he get the error message that states: "The file AdMaterialUI.dll can't be loaded, please try reinstallation to fix it" (see second screen capture.

I searched and cannot find the file on his computer and a couple of Inventor users' computers.  Is this a Windows or an Inventor DLL?

Any idea on what is going on here and how to fix it.  I'm going to continue to troubleshoot and will update the thread with my progress.

Thanks in advance for any help with this one.

Dell Precision T7950

Windows 7 x64

16 GB RAM

Nividia Quadro 5000 graphics card

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017 R2

Autodesk Vault Professional 2017

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jweiss1313
in reply to: jweiss1313

Okay first step:  I logged in with my admin account and I get the same error.  So the problem affects all users on this computer.

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 3 of 11
mdavis22569

Take a peek at 

http://www.dllmissing.com/fix-missing-or-not-found-admaterialui.dll-errors-2533

Also quick question about the first picture ...

if you go to that folder are the files there? 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 11

@jweiss1313 and I copied this DLL (located in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2017\Bin) from another working machine to this machine and it resolved the problem.

On my machine I have this DLL file as Nov 2015 date/time stamp - Running Inventor 2017 R2.

John's machine this DLL file is dated as Sept 2016 - Running Inventor 2017 R3

Perhaps updating to R3 caused the issue?   Meaning what else is broken. Smiley Very Happy

On the safe side, John is performing a clean uninstall and putting Inventor back on.

@bob_holland, @ChrisMitchell01 or @SteveMDennis any thoughts?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 11
jweiss1313
in reply to: mdavis22569

Hi Michael,

The files are there and I can open them, just can't use the "New" command and open them.  I worked with Mark Lancaster from Synergis Technologies and we discovered that the AdMaterialUI.dll was corrupt.  I copied the dll from my computer to the problem computer and now we are able to use the "New" command and open our templates.  The dll is located in the Inventor bin folder.

What is unusual is that this problem only affected the part and assembly templates.  The drawing and presentation templates opened just fine.

For fear of further corruption, I'm going to perform a clean uninstall of Inventor and reinstall to include the R2 and R3 updates and see if everything works.

I will post my results with the hope that I can mark this post as the solutions.

Thank you to all who have helped!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 6 of 11
jweiss1313
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark,

Did a clean uninstall of Inventor and re-installed it.  Installed update R2 and R3 and everything is now working.  Thanks for your help!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Hi, i'm a student and we learn 3D drawing on inventor, and i have been having the same problem as you, i can't start a new part because the templates dont get recognised. i tried to copy the bin from someone else, but this also doesnt seem to work. What did you do to get a clean install, because i tried completely deliting all the files and programs from autocad and then reinstalling them, but that doesnt resolve the problem.

Kind regards, 

Ben Bresseleers

Message 8 of 11
jweiss1313
in reply to: Anonymous

Try to perform a clean uninstall by following the instructions below.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/remove-products/remove-windows-prod...

I hope this helps you!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 9 of 11

hello sir, 

about copying AdmaterialUI.dll from another working machine, the version must same each other or not?

like my inventor is ver 2019 and my friend is 2018? can I copying AdmaterialUI.dll from my friend?

Message 10 of 11
BDCollett
in reply to: farhantjahsmpn5

@farhantjahsmpn5 wrote:

hello sir, 

about copying AdmaterialUI.dll from another working machine, the version must same each other or not?

like my inventor is ver 2019 and my friend is 2018? can I copying AdmaterialUI.dll from my friend?

That should be ok, try it and see if it fixes your issue. If not, reinstall.

Message 11 of 11

Hi! It will not work. In each release, the dlls are rebuilt. 2019 version of the same named dll will not work with 2018. Please do not alter these files. It may create security issues. Also, Windows may block it. Please install Inventor properly.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report