Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Can not run RPC” - ERROR when Inventor application is embedded in VB.Net app

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
700 Views, 5 Replies

“Can not run RPC” - ERROR when Inventor application is embedded in VB.Net app

Previous situation: We embedded Inventor 2017 in our VB.Net application. We programmaticaly open a new document in Inventor without any problems. This works on both operating systems Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Last week we updated to Inventor 2018.

Current situation: Everything works fine on Windows 7, but on Windows 10 there is this error! Can not run RPC HRESULT: 0x800706BE.

I get it to work when i excute Inventor 2018 outside our application. For some reason it doesn't work when Inventor 2018 is embedded inside our application.

I hope the problem is clear?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Is there any way to know that Inventor.exe is running as administrator? It sounds like the process was blocked by firewall or administrator's permission.

Please try to set as running as administrator.

Hope it helps!

Xun
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

Hi

Thanks for replying on my question. The user account i'm working with has administrator privileges.

Inventor 2018 starts up within our app without any problem. I can programmatically add a new document to it and save it under a different name.

At the moment i want to open the document, i get this error.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Update

I made a workaround to solve the problem to open the document. Now i only add and activate the document.

I'll explain the way i want to use Inventor 2018. I've embedded Inventor into our application. I open a new assembly and add an internal rule to it.

In this rule, i start an external rule durin the event "Close Document". So when i close the document, the external rule starts and everything works fine, until the document wants to close. Then i get the same error again.

So, the problem appears when i want to close or open a document in an embedded Inventor application.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

I'm still facing this problem. When Inventor is embedded into our app, Inventor crashes during closing documents.

This worked fine in Windows 7 or with Inventor 2017 on Windows 7 & 10. Does anyone have the same problem or a solution for this?

I'm running everything as administrator.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi, I am programming in C# with inventor 2017 and experience the same problem as described. AutoDesk is there a fix to solve this anoying crash please!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report