Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] Custom content centre ('Copy As') generating files with different names across different machines

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
meGVGMF
177 Views, 3 Replies

[BUG] Custom content centre ('Copy As') generating files with different names across different machines

Hello

I have custom content center content, including auto-generated part names, for example hex bolts being named in part after their diameter.

These names have decimal places. I was showing my coworker how to use them, and it generated an entirely new part, but with the sole difference of a comma instead of a period. His computer's language is set to french, and mine to english.

I think Inventor is silently preferring writing conventions based on system language.

In the meantime, is there any way to force it to prefer one over the other?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: meGVGMF

Hi! I could be wrong but I don't think there is a way to override the behavior. Inventor obtains the expression from CC table. The CC part family table and the system locale determine the file names.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4

That did the trick, thanks! I knew it had to be a system setting buried somewhere

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report