Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break out View not showing all parts

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
angel.garciaBNTYN
746 Views, 8 Replies

Break out View not showing all parts

Good day autodesk community, I need your help with two matters

I used to work on Inventor 2019 and recently I started to work on Inventor 2022. In our company products drawings (gearbox and gearmotor drawings) we usually use break outs to show internal components, one common situation is when we want to show the available shaft and key lengths that are inside the couplings that connect the gearbox and motors.

angelgarciaBNTYN_0-1664898594810.png

1. The first problem that maybe is not a bug but it's kind of frustrating for me cause i haven't found and option to disable it (if you know it I'll appreciate your guidance), is that when you make a break out (From point), the parts that are completely cover or above the break out point disappear from the view list, in this case the keys disappear from the view list and if i want to change the section participation you have to delete the break view in order to make them appear again in the view list and change the section participation.

Before the break out the key is there

angelgarciaBNTYN_1-1664899151673.png

After the break out is not there anymore

angelgarciaBNTYN_2-1664899248567.png

2. The second problem is that despite I have set the keys Section participation as None they are still erase when i made the break out from a point, this problem is related with the first one cause as you can imagine, after the break out I can't check the section participation of the key cause it is not shown anymore in the view. I'm totally open to any suggestions, I have tried some similar from other forum questions but so far any solution have not worked.

Section participation set as None for the key

angelgarciaBNTYN_3-1664899943753.png

Point selected for break out

angelgarciaBNTYN_5-1664900411498.png

The key disappears

angelgarciaBNTYN_6-1664900466120.png

Hope you can help me, maybe it's just some settings but I have run out of ideas.

Note: I won't be able to share any file, sorry for that

Thank you all

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Just curious if you keep selecting the same point to break out the view from, or if you have tried selecting a different point to see if that point you are initially clicking is 'behind' the key and not in line with it.

I am not super familiar with the from point option, as I usually use the through part break outs. 

Message 3 of 9

Hi, thanks for the interest.

I think is not that, I've tried with another view and different point, the key is set as None Section Participation

angelgarciaBNTYN_0-1664920370183.png

then I selected a different point from a different view

angelgarciaBNTYN_1-1664921249759.png

And the result is that the key still disappears from the view and from the list on the left.

angelgarciaBNTYN_2-1664921485252.png

Also the view has the Section Obey Browser set in case you were wondering, and seems to work cause other parts and assemblies are not section as you can see in the image above.

Message 4 of 9

Hi! It looks like a bug to me. Maybe the process of removing section participants is faulty. This is usually file specific. If  possible, please share the files in zip with me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 9
-niels-
in reply to: johnsonshiue

@johnsonshiue @angel.garciaBNTYN 

I can confirm the behavior in IV2021.4.3

A possible workaround (and test to see the behavior) might be to select all the parts in the browser before creating the breakout and setting them to "section participation > none".

Then you create the breakout and set your depth to the point (or depth) you want to cut away, it should still show all the parts since you set everything to "none".

After that you can use part priority (or select from the browser) to set the parts you want sectioned back to participate in the section.

(from here you can test the disappearing issue by making a part that's above the section depth participate again, it should disappear from the browser.)

--- @angel.garciaBNTYN  ---

There is no need to delete the breakout, you can edit it and select a point that is higher than the parts that disappeared and they will return to the browser.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 6 of 9
angel.garciaBNTYN
in reply to: -niels-

Hi@-niels- 

Thank you for your answer, I try it and seems to work.

I set all the assembly as None Section Participation

angelgarciaBNTYN_0-1664978416026.png

Before I used to select a point "under (in this case after)" the parts and they disappear from both browser and view. Now I selected a point "higher (in this case before)" than the parts and then set the offset to where I want the parts to break.

angelgarciaBNTYN_1-1664978843477.png

Then I selected the parts I wanted to section and the key is there

angelgarciaBNTYN_2-1664979037893.png

For me is kind of strange because in version 2019 i don't remember I had to do it this way, also the part disappearing from the browser if it is "under or after" the selected point is weird but I guess that's the way the break out works .

So, as conclusion, you should select the point "higher or before" the part you want to appear on the view and browser otherwise it will vanish, and then select individually the parts that you want to section.

Thank you all for you answers.

Message 7 of 9

I've faced this same problem several times and sometimes I've managed to fix it by a suggested workaround. But now I have the same problem and parts seems to disappear even if I use break point before parts I want to show and use depth definition. I use Inventor Pro 2022. Quite frustrating.  Same problem in break out and section views.

Message 8 of 9

Hi! I could be wrong but I am not aware of a behavioral change in Break Out View on 2024. The workaround should still work. Please send the files in zip directly to me johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to share these files, but I'll check later on if I could simulate the behaviour with the similar structure without any confidental information. Right now I'm busy and it may take a while. But for sure it would be great to have a decent solution to this. In this case we solved it by making few break out views from different areas and with different depth definitions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report