Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM question

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bwang-tecoustics
293 Views, 3 Replies

BOM question

Hi,

I have a part be used in two assemblies. I assembly 1, it's a normal part but in assembly 2 it's just for reference. What I can do to show it in assembly 2 as reference? As if I change it to reference, it will be shown as reference in assembly 1 as well, which is wrong.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

In assembly 2, right mouse click on the part in the browser, select BOM structure and change it to REFERENCE

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 4
mwighton
in reply to: bwang-tecoustics

One option, that might work for what you need is in assembly 2 since the part is only for reference, right click on it and deselect 'enabled'
Did this post help out? Hope it did.
If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Kudos' Button below.
God Bless

Mwighton
Message 4 of 4
mslosar
in reply to: mwighton

You may need to go into the views properties (right click on the view border, edit) and go to the second tab and play with margins.

If the reference part is on the edge of the view, it can get chopped off due to the margin setting there.

Just a heads up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report