Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM export to excel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tonythm
128 Views, 3 Replies

BOM export to excel

Hello Everyone,

Is there any solution so that when exporting BOM to Excel, expansion and collapse can still be retained?

tonythm_0-1699318355839.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pcrawley
in reply to: tonythm

Does "retained" mean 'to mimic the browser' - or 'retained between BOM Editor sessions'

I believe the answer to both is "No" - but if you posted something ion the Ideas forum for retaining the view between BOM Editor sessions, it would get my vote.

Peter
Message 3 of 4
tonythm
in reply to: pcrawley

@pcrawley 

When I export BOM according to structure all levels, in Inventor it will display expand(+) and collapse(-) front each items, but in excel it is not displayed like in Inventor. I don't know if there is a way to do this or if the Inventor can't do it like my idea.

tonythm_0-1699324242623.png  

tonythm_1-1699324278123.png

Message 4 of 4
pcrawley
in reply to: tonythm

Oh - so I was wrong on both counts!  Unfortunately, it doesn't change my answer sorry.  It's "First Level" or "All Levels".

You can select all the cells in the BOM Editor and Copy/Paste into Excel - that achieves what you're looking for, but it'll paste any formulas it finds rather than values - which is frustrating.

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report