Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connection on Point

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
B_Bevelander
1258 Views, 3 Replies

Bolted Connection on Point

I can't seem to get Bolted Connection to work with the on point selection in my Assembly and the Tutorial provide doesnt cover this.

I tried to create a point sketc at part and sub-assembly level but neither get detected by the BC feature.

Any explanation would be greatly appriciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: B_Bevelander

Hi!

Creating a hole:

To place a hole based in a sketch point, you use the  "BY SKETCH" option,

"On point" Refers to a "WORK POINT", not a sketch point.

Creating a bolt connection.

In The same way as the holes, the ON POINT option refers to a work point, not as sketch point.and (you dont even have that "by sketch" option in Bolt Connection).

How to do it:

Just create a work point in your assembly (or part or subassembly), and select it to be the center of your BC.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
srionde
in reply to: B_Bevelander

i am working with skeletik method.

I am creating a main Skecth file with proper configuration about frame, and holes to do.

When i put this sketch fil on a welding assembly, so i can use the skecth point with the bolted connection to insert my screws.

Only problem with it:

as my sketch is used for severals assemblies, the holes select every point from the sketch includings the points that are not used with a specific assembly.

see the print screen, there is 2 differents conveyors there, with points on sketches for the hole i need and supporting frames

Message 4 of 4
kelly.young
in reply to: srionde

@srionde sounds like there are many points so not sure if this helps, but if you hold down Ctrl you should be able to deselect the points you don't want.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report