Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connection - No items in Content Center

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
2170 Views, 9 Replies

Bolted Connection - No items in Content Center

As a student at Oxford Univeristy I downloaded AutoDesk Inventor 2017 on Tuesday. When building an assemble I want to attach bolts, however, when wanting to add the bolt on the 'click to add a fastener' in the right hand box of the 'Bolted Connection Component Generator' there are no fasteners in my library. Do I need to download them with an add-on?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

No download is needed, you just need to run the Inventor software install and select to install the content center libraries.

But before you do that, can you check the following:

1.  Select Tools/Application Options/Content Center tab in Inventor.   What does the Access option set to?  Desktop Content?

2.  In the location of library field (most likely it says C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2017\Content Center\Libraries\)  <-- Can you check to make sure there a few .idcl files in there.  If not then run the install as I indicated above.

3.  If the libraries are  there let us know...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

@Mark.Lancaster

Thanks for the reply. I've had a look and there are 13 .idcl and 1 .idz files in the specified location.

I ran the install as advised but still have the same issue.

Below is a screenshot of the files.

Capture_1.PNG

Thanks,

Matt Courtis

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

For anyone looking at this thread I've managed to 'solve' the issue by using he 2016 version and not 2017.

Possibly that I should uninstall 2017 and redownload but to save me time I'm using 2016.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Dear @Mark.Lancaster,

I also have the same problem as the thread author has. I can add bolts (let's say ISO 4017) if I input them from Content Center. But if I use the bolted connection I can't input these ISO 4017, only a few others (no hex bolts). I'm using 2017 as well, downloaded student's edition today. I'm sure the CC files are there, because as I said earlier I can add every bolt/screw/washer/etc. from CC but not through bolted connection.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

I can't edit my last post. I've found a solution to this problem (and my stupidity).

When creating a bolted connection you must ensure that the distance before front and ending plane are long enough for the type of bolt someone wants to use. For example if one Bolt standard has bolts of length 5 - 25 mm and your distance between aforementioned planes is 4 mm then it will not show as a possibility to insert it into bolted connection. That's so obvious but ... 🙂
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Just by chance u havent solved it yet, encountered the same problem. Start with the assemble tab, Click the place from content center, then choose your desired bolt. Place your desired bolt on a hole that u have created, then click the bolted connection and it will transfer you to the bolted connection tab. Finally u can now add your washers and nuts. 

-EE, Manufacturing

Philippines

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I found out that there is following problem, when holes have chamfers bolted connection will only see the countersunk bolts. I posted some ideas (including this problem) here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/improvements-to-bolted-connection-multiple-end-faces-c...

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I had a similar problem.  When selecting the hole location the size does not automatically change to the nominal range of fasteners, it defaults to the smallest fastener size, of which there are none of the default variety in the library, so it looks like the library has "gone missing".

I don't know why it is doing this all of a sudden, it seems to me that it used to guess the nominal size when the hole is selected.

By changing the nominal size before selecting "add a fastener" it directs to the appropriate populated library.

Message 10 of 10
Pavel_Holecek

Hello,

I would like to split it into two items:

• concentric selection means to position BC on a center point it could be a center point of hole but it could be also center of a radius or diameter therefore it is not good idea to read diameter from this selection. BC can accept/read the Hole diameter when you select position by Hole feature.

BC_Concentric.jpg

• the problem with changing nominal size is know issue and we are working on it. It is logged in our tracking system as INVGEN-13631.
Pavel Holecek
Autodesk QA team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report