Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bevel gears failing to build properly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kupa_levente_peter
177 Views, 2 Replies

Bevel gears failing to build properly

Hello! 

I have recently encountered a significant issue with the "Bevel Gear" function in assemblies.

Whenever I attempt to insert a pair of bevel gears, the gear corresponding to "Gear 1" almost always renders as a blank cone. I have found this to be due to the sketches of the tooth profile being completely glitchy, as the below image shows:
bevel gear report 1.png

The settings I used are shown below, but the issue persists no matter what settings I use.

bevel gear report 2.png

The lofts themselves are also completely wrong:

8f34afbf-9012-476a-93f6-b5b58b5aa749.png

Of further note is that whenever I try to use this in a completely new assembly and with "reasonable" settings (n1=15, n2=45) it renders Gear 1 perfectly fine, but whenever I try to set it to a more "extreme" ratio (n1=5, n2=45) it fails to render. After appearing once, the issue will persist no matter what settings I use, and even if I insert a new set of bevel gears.

Has anyone else had this issue with Inventor 2024? If so, what could you do to fix it?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi

The teeth are assumed to have simplified geometry. This is for visual/informational representation only.

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 3

I am aware, but as the attached images show, this isn't simplified geometry, but completely glitched geometry. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report