Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best measuring method?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wyattkellis
294 Views, 2 Replies

Best measuring method?

Background: I want to more fully model an interior space for which I have some point/surface measurements. I'm unsure of how to work with the current format, so I've been trying to measure enough lengths to make a new assembly (this is probably the long way) and running into trouble.

Google Drive link to the file, also attached: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/10E_bf-S8t-iTEIIxwljSY2X7cs4az7Xd/view?usp=sharing)

Are there tricks/references for taking comprehensive measurements of an STP like this? I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SharkDesign
in reply to: wyattkellis

Opened your step and I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Is that some kind of scan you've done on a room?

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 3 of 3
wyattkellis
in reply to: SharkDesign

@SharkDesign Sorry for the confusion! A FARO arm was used to get points of the space shown. They were put into Spatial Analyzer software and the surfaces were added before I got this file.  I hope these images help explain what's going on here. 

So my goal is to make a nice assembly for engineers designing parts for the existing mounts, flanges, etc.

interior.jpgfile.PNG

Edit: Since posting this thread I grabbed the XYZ-coordinates and lengths of each feature. I think this way I can somewhat reconstruct the content of the STP file. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report