Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bending a Pipe

60 REPLIES 60
Message 1 of 61
Anonymous
1577 Views, 60 Replies

Bending a Pipe

I wanted to know why it isn't letting me bend these tubes either up or down 90 degrees. 

60 REPLIES 60
Message 2 of 61
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe because the way you are doing it doesnt make much sense...

What you are trying to achieve?

This is only one tube?

Or they are several tubes welded?

1- If it is one only tube, just make the intire path and make one sweep for all the tube.

2- If they are several tubes, create the same path and use frame generator to create the tubes.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 61
Anonymous
in reply to: CCarreiras

Its one tube that has already been sweeped.

Message 4 of 61
jyager

Why is your profile in one place and your path in another?

Those bends as well as the bends "up" you want should all be part of the same path you're sweeping. You dont sweep the two bends you have then bend the two extra bends as a separate function.Capture.JPG

Jason Yager
Inventor Professional 2025.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Series
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Pro
Message 5 of 61
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Its one tube that has already been sweeped.

Add another sweep to create the other bends..

2 ways to do bends like this..Since a regular 2d sketch can only be in 1 plane you would either do multiple sketches to fully define the complete path for the sweep or a single 3d sketch which allows a path in 3 dimensions..

And you REALLY need to get your paths done correctly as I've already pointed out in your last post about this..jyager pointed it out here too..

Its going to cause you problems.. Fix that first. 

AGAIN.. Look at this image showing how the path comes DIRECTLY out of the center of the profile and not out in space like jyagers pic shows.. Also notice how it "starts" right at the center of the profile.. 

sweep.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 61
mcgyvr
in reply to: mcgyvr

Here.. Study these 2 images

sweep3d.PNG

swept3d.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 7 of 61
Anonymous
in reply to: jyager

I know how to bend it like this, but like i say i want them pipes bent up wards.

Message 8 of 61
jyager

Mcgyvr just showed you how to bend in every conceivable direction, including "upwards", check his two images.
Jason Yager
Inventor Professional 2025.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Series
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Pro
Message 9 of 61
Anonymous

Youve lost me mate although, your bends are perfect, thats the type of bend I need, I can seem to get my planes right 😞

Message 10 of 61
Anonymous

Mcgyvr did you sketch that in 3D sketch?

Message 11 of 61
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Mcgyvr did you sketch that in 3D sketch?

Nope.. Thats 3 total 2D sketches..

The profile, and 2 path sketches

Message 12 of 61
Anonymous

OkI'm slowly getting there lol but can you tell me why both sides are not the same?

Message 13 of 61
Anonymous

No I am wondering why my part is no assembling? can someone help me with that please?

Message 14 of 61
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

OkI'm slowly getting there lol but can you tell me why both sides are not the same?

Your sketch lines are STILL out in space..

space2.PNG

Message 15 of 61
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

No I am wondering why my part is no assembling? can someone help me with that please?

FYI.. an iam file is useless without the parts used in it.. The parts (ipt files) are NOT embedded in an iam file.

So we can't open it.. (well we can but we don't see any parts)..

The best thing to do is to zip up the iam file and all ipt files used in it and post that here..

Message 16 of 61
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hopefully this zip file should work. I have got every dimension right when drawing the frame and the components, some odd reason it won't let me assemble them corrrectly. The handles won't fully mount on the side and the footplate frame won't mount at the bottom and the plate won't mount on top of the footplate frame. I'd be grateful for some insight on how to solve this where I have gone wrong.

Message 17 of 61
TheCADWhisperer

... I'd be grateful for some insight on how to solve this where I have gone wrong.

Earlier I asked what book you are using to learn Inventor.

I also asked if you had gone through the tutorials.

Are you ready to do some real modeling?

Are you ready to start over?

I ask, because virtually everything you have done does not make logical sense.

Example to follow -

...and if you stick with it, the correct way to model.

Message 18 of 61

First, download and install Service Pack 2.  (iProperties indicate you are running 2015 SP0)

Message 19 of 61

Open the part Footplate.ipt.

Do you see anything wrong with the part?

Footplate.png

Message 20 of 61

Edit Sketch 1.

Note that in the lower right corner of the screen that Inventor indicates 2 dimensions are needed to fully constain your sketch.

Anytime a sketch shows as not fully constrained - STOP - stop what you are doing and do not continue until you figure out why.

If you can't figure out why - ask questions here.

Do you know the significance of the green dot in the screen shot shown below.  (I think you indicated prior training in some other parametric CAD software?)

Origin Center Point.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report