Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bend part, bending line

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2376 Views, 4 Replies

Bend part, bending line

Hi, im bending an angle and inventor takes the bend line as the begining of my arc, how can i say to inventor that i want that dimension as my real life bend line? I mean i want that line as my arc midpoint, where the machine is going to hit my angle and do the bending.

Sheet metal allows to choose what do you want if is the begining, the end or if is the mid point. But on ipt ambience there are no options (or I dont see them).

Can someone help me please

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Thats not how that tool works..

Why aren't you using the sheet metal environment?

Utilizing flange tools.. fold is there too which allows that control but should only be used in certain situations..

Can you post that part in its complete form to allow someone to show you how it "should" be modeled using Inventor?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Im not using sheet metal because im using an angle profile from content center. Im bending an angle for an structure. As far as I know I can't use "fold" for angle shape.

Message 4 of 5
-niels-
in reply to: Anonymous

Hit that third icon where it says "side"....
("bend both")
That's probably what you're after...

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: -niels-

Yes thats the answer. I wanted to keep one straight and then bend. With your solution angle is divided in both ways, but at the end is ok. Is just a little different but places bend line at center. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report