Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bellmouth Flat Material

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
418 Views, 7 Replies

Bellmouth Flat Material

Dear All,

I want to make bellmouth with inlet diameter inside 1400 and outlet diameter inside 700 with height 250.

if i use sheet metal there are use press process, but in here i plan using sppining process.

so its mean raw material in circle path with hole in center and without ripp part.

is there any other way can support these?

Best regards,

Yudika

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Yudika,

I am not sure if you are asking a fabrication technique fesiable question or a CAD related one?

Could you help provide more information such as images, descriptions, etc to help me understand more?

Thanks

Xun
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

If you are wondering if Inventor will help you create the flat dimensions of the sheet metal the answer is no.

What you are doing is a metal stretching exercise and Inventor cannot calculate that. There is software that will do it but I do not know any details.

The small diameter should be the start point as it will not be stretched.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Mario,

I see, so in INV is cant use for strech condition, is it right.

I ll be use flatt pattenr for estimate matl weight for estimated quotation for refference.

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! Inventor is a geometry modeler. Generally it does not consider material specific behavior. There is an exception to the rule though. In Sheet Metal environment, it does have workflows considering material stretch and contract in folding and unfolding operations. Without seeing an example, it is hard to tell if Sheet Metal can help.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Dear Johnson,

Thanks for you explanation,

Herewith i send 3D of part that i talked before.

Thanks and regards,

Yudika

Message 7 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi Yudika,

Many thanks for sharing the part! This part looks like a punched sheet metal part. To manufacture the part, the sheet would undergo force-specific, material specific, and geometry-specific deformation. This is not something that Inventor as a geometric modeler can simulate yet.

If you are looking for a way to flatten the geometry, there is an alternative workflow you can consider. Basically, you will need to create a zero offset surface on one of the sides. Then export the surface as mesh. Download the free Mesh tool, Autodesk Mesh Mixer. Import the mesh to AMM. Use Unwrap command to flatten the mesh. Export the flattened mesh as a mesh file. Import it back to Inventor. You can use Fit Mesh surface command or recreate a flat surface based on the mesh. Here is a related thread.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/unfold-complex-surface/m-p/7249578#M652238

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Dear Johnson,

Thanks for your Reply in here,

Due to i have busy in my job,

please Give me more time to review these method.

I'll give you answer As Soon As Possible.

thanks,

Yudika

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report