Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

baloon for parts

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Rangav7
424 Views, 7 Replies

baloon for parts

in drafting i have to show baloon like the image attached.

is thier any option in inventor. please comment.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
swalton
in reply to: Rangav7

Use the Balloon tool in a drawing file (.idw or .dwg).  See attached screenshot.

Also look in the help files.  Here is a link for IV 2014. 

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-5230919F-4700-4282-8EF1-65F6DD6AF903

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: Rangav7

@Rangav7 wrote:

in drafting i have to show baloon like the image attached.

is thier any option in inventor. please comment.

After you place one balloon as shown by swalton above you can right click on it and select "attach balloon from list" which will allow you to attach any other balloon to the first one.

No default option to show "or" and frankly I can't think of a situation where "or" would ever be allowed on an assembly drawing..

How do you maintain proper inventory levels and consistency if you allow assemblers to "pick" one part or another to use in an assembly?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 8
jtylerbc
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

No default option to show "or" and frankly I can't think of a situation where "or" would ever be allowed on an assembly drawing..

How do you maintain proper inventory levels and consistency if you allow assemblers to "pick" one part or another to use in an assembly?

The way we called it out in the drawing was a little different, but at my previous company we did something that may be a decent example of where it would make sense.  We had a shim (used for adjusting bearing endplay) that was available in three thicknesses.  Only one shim was used in a unit, but which thickness was selected varied by the assembly tolerance stackup.

Inventory was dealt with by giving each unit a fractional quantity of all three shims in our MRP system.  For example, if SHIM-2 was more commonly used, the quantities might be:

SHIM-1:  0.25

SHIM-2:  0.50

SHIM-3:  0.25

Obviously incorrect on a per-unit basis, but it averaged out to be reasonably close over time.

Message 5 of 8
jyager

We have situations like this where it's an item not tracked like shims on a bearing or counterweights on a dampper blade that don't require tracking becuase it's fractional pieces of metal cut from a larger sheet.

There's no reason to lock down the craft with a certain type or thickness of material, that could very well be adjusted several times due to stack up or mild deformations through welding, before everything is dialed in.

Typically rather than create some "or" situation which would crowd up the BOM as well as added part balloons which may be interpretted wrong I would create one line item for a "shim" with the thicknesses and materials types as req'd.

Jason Yager
Inventor Professional 2025.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Series
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Pro
Message 6 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: jtylerbc

@jtylerbc @jyager

Thanks for the information... Both great examples of when an "or" could be used on a balloon.. 

And yes.. I'd probably do Jasons "single line item" and an "as required" notation vs the dual balloons.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 7 of 8
jtylerbc

I believe we did it that way as well. I was just offering an example of where the logic applied, not necessarily saying we called it out the same way shown in this thread.

Message 8 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: jtylerbc

@jtylerbc wrote:

I believe we did it that way as well. I was just offering an example of where the logic applied, not necessarily saying we called it out the same way shown in this thread.

yep.. I gotcha Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report