Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoDrop only in Content Center?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
The_Angry_Elf
160 Views, 1 Reply

AutoDrop only in Content Center?

Please tell me something's amiss.....If I create a standard part like those found in content center, and store such in Vault in a Library folder, the user does not have the Autodrop feature you have with Content Center parts.

If this is the case, why is this limited to only CC directory? If I locate this standard part in with CC parts, the user will now have Autodrop.

I'd really, really like to keep CC as it is and our own library of standard parts outside of CC, but of course in a library directory. Is there a way I can get Autodrop to work with our own created libraries, or do I have to move a ton of custom standard parts into CC just for the feature?

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CCarreiras
in reply to: The_Angry_Elf

Autodrop only works when placing parts from Content Center.

The Autodrop uses predefined iMates, (That's why different kinds of parts have slightly different definitions when using Autodrop).

Example:

CCarreiras_0-1686784248594.png

I never tried to publish parts in Content Center with predefined iMates, so i can't be sure, but... i believe if you create the iMates and then publish it in your CC library, you'll be able to use Autodrop.

Instead of a Custom Library folder, You can have your own CC library without messing the original content center, btw, you can´t edit the original CC, you can use/filter some libraries, but you can mess with them.

I believe this could be the better option for you.

CCarreiras_1-1686784706682.png

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report