Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASTM A325 Bolts?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1885 Views, 5 Replies

ASTM A325 Bolts?

The content center has no ASTM spec high strength structural bolts. As far as i know these are fairly common in industry and so I am wondering why they aren't in the content center, and if anyone has created an adjustable one I can get. This is for  stress analysis on shearing bolts and as such i need a really precise model. Please let me know

Inventor 2011 Pro

ASTM A325 High Strenght Structural Bolt : 1" D x 39/64" H x 1-5/8" F x 3.5433" long.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is the generic "Heavy Hex Bolt" ASTM spec and i'm just silly?

Message 3 of 6
rregaladoUSLWT

Use the Heavy Hex Structural Bolt. B18.2.6 is what you want.

Message 4 of 6
Frederick_Law

Copy to custom and rename.

Edit table and rename.  Change material if you need.  Add missing size.  Delete size you don't use.

I just need the name in BOM.

CC-Edit-13.jpg

Message 5 of 6
blandb
in reply to: Frederick_Law

As @Frederick_Law had mentioned. We used F436 FW, A325, ANCO Lock nuts, but none of them were in the CC. So we just used a family that was close and modified to suite what we needed such as descriptions, finishes, etc.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 6 of 6
CGBenner

The post is old, but my forum heroes finally provide some answers!  Thanks everyone!  I'll mark some soluitons so others can find this.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report