Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Scary99
370 Views, 4 Replies

Assembly

I am a student in Inventor.  I have just began using the Assemble Command and experienced no problems. I have tried to assemble a simple piece

(only 2 parts) and cannot get them to mate. I get the same error message "The Assembly Cannot Be Solved" but I do not have the expertise to interpret the error message.  I have tried using axis, work planes and surfaces to constrain and mate the parts but I get the same error message.  I know this is a simple problem but I would like to learn how to interpret error messages and figure out what I am doing wrong on this part to avoid the same mistake in the future. Thanks for your help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: Scary99

unground the 2nd one ...or it'll never move

unground.PNG

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Scary99

First thing I would do is Delete any conflicting constraints (Relationships). (! in yellow triangle)

Conflicting constraint.png

I had a little fun with your assembly (see attached).

Can you figure out what I did?

Hair Dryer.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: mdavis22569

also delete the new work plane you don't need it...

mine.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: mdavis22569

You have some other issues to fix

My assembly constrained is attached

sketch issue.PNG

mine 2.PNG

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report