Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly, wrong density showing up

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
822 Views, 3 Replies

Assembly, wrong density showing up

In my assembly, the densit in the physical properties isn't showing the correct density. Every part is aluminum-6061 and i have checked in each part. The density reads 2.710 g/cm^3. But then when i go to the overall assembly properties it will read something different. I tried looking at some of the different subasseblies, and each one seems to read some random density. I am trying to figure out the CG of this overll asssembly, but I am not sure if it is correct because the density is wrong.

Now, i know that whether your density is 1 or 100 the cg will still be the same, so i may be okay, but i can't help but worry, thinking that maybe it is averaging other made up densities (i dont think that is what it is doing).

A few other notes:
-parts are mostly iparts
-took a few parts and threw them in a new assembly and the density read what it should.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
harco
in reply to: Anonymous

Try checking you document settings for linear dim display precision and set to more decimal places.
I had this problem this week on a light part.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks. THat didn't seem to work though. What's happening seems really weird to me. Maybe this will give a clue:

It seems to only be having this problem on old assemblies. If i remake the exact same assembly with the same parts, the density value stays the same throughout like it should (that of AL-6061). In the original assemblies it seems as though the density listed depends on the amount of parts in there, like it is a density made off ov mass and volume. If i delete parts the density changes. This isn't what should be going on though right? On a new assembly the density will stay the same no matter how many parts are in there-like it should.

Could this be some kind of bug in a style or template or somewhere crazy. I might just have to rebuild the assembly which sucks.

Any insight?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi,

Let me ask a question: is it a normal assembly or a weldment with weld
beads? If it is a weldment, the weld beads should be counted as well...

If not, could you email Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com), my QA
Tech Lead? He will create an account for you to upload the dataset to a
secure site. We can then start invesigation.

Thanks!

--
Jacob Xu
Autodesk Inventor QA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report