Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Slow

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
porter-jeff
544 Views, 4 Replies

Assembly Slow

I working on an assembly that became "slow" all of a sudden.  It's only this one file, when adding or modifyiing constraints it can take a several minutes to figure it out.  Also creating new parts is quite slow. I have disable quick file open.

The files are stored locally on the computer, the is 218 total occurances and 89 open documents in the session.  Again, it's only this one assembly file, all other assembly files function fine.  CPU usage is 12% when it "freezes" up and physical is at 58%.  The model is not slow in regards to changing views orbiting or opening.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
porter-jeff
in reply to: porter-jeff

I should add there are no sick or conflicting constraints in the assembly

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Without knowing more about your assembly, I can only tell you the things that slow me down.

1. Patterns with a large number of instances. This can be instances of parts or geometry. Turning off the visibility for these can help.
2. Many parts with lots of detail.

It sounds like a large assembly. Can you attach it?
Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! It sounds like there is something not working right in the particular assembly. Could you share the files with us? I can set up a secure account for you to upload. Please send me an email directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
porter-jeff

As per Johnson "There is sort of an adaptive cycle in the assembly, i.e. Part A is adaptive to Part B, which is also adaptive to Part A"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report