Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying Level of Detail to multiple identical sub-assemblies within main assembly?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Jacqueline.West
262 Views, 6 Replies

Applying Level of Detail to multiple identical sub-assemblies within main assembly?

Hi All,

I have a top assembly into which I have inserted 78 identical sub-assemblies (created by component patterns).

The top assembly is now too large and slow. I have gone into the sub-assembly and suppressed the component which is causing the main issue, so the sub-assembly is now at Level of Detail 1. However this doesn't flow through to the main assembly, even if I change it from master to level of detail 1. 

I can select each sub-assembly and individually change it's level of detail but this is time consuming. Is there no way I can change the level of detail of all the same sub-assemblies all at once?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CGBenner
in reply to: Jacqueline.West

@Jacqueline.West 

Not out of the box, no.  Level of Detail is an option, so Inventor basically wants you to have the control over which LOD (or in the newer releases, Model State) is active at each level.  So,… it’s a double edged sword.

However, there may be some options using iLogic. 

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 7
Jacqueline.West
in reply to: CGBenner

Ok Chris, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Message 4 of 7
CGBenner

@Jacqueline.West 

I might suggest posting your idea in the iLogic & VB.net forum, and maybe one of the experts in there can help you out.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 5 of 7
andrewiv

You actually can do this but it does require a sequence.  First you select one of your assemblies, RMB and click Select All Occurrences under the Selection fly out.

andrewiv_0-1651758323684.png

Then RMB and click on Representation and you can change the LOD for all of the files that are selected.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 6 of 7
Jacqueline.West
in reply to: andrewiv

Excellent, thank you for your help Andrew.

Message 7 of 7
mikejones

If you create a level of detail in your main assembly with the exact same name as that in the sub-assemblies then you can use the Link Level Of Detail; now Link Model States, under the productivity dropdown. That will let you pick a level of detail in your main assembly and any sub-assemblies with the same LOD will all be set the same.

mikejones_0-1651776508527.png

Autodesk Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report