Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Manager Service Not Available

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
rickduley
15250 Views, 19 Replies

Application Manager Service Not Available

Why do I get this error message avery time I boot my machine?

2015-07-19_5-26-25-Autodesk-App-Manager.png

I am not even using anything Autodesk at the moment.

Tags (1)
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
-niels-
in reply to: rickduley

There have been some issues with the application manager recently, the error might be because it isn't on the latest version.
(the app. manager is an update utility that runs in the background, you can find it in the system tray.)

You can try to update it by seeing if it has updates available or downloading the latest version here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-application-manager.html

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: -niels-

I have the same issue as the thread starter. When I try the suggested sollution I still get the same message when rebooting. But I can

than start the program manually but it seemes like the program only detects autocad program updates, I have the Building design suite installed (2016).

It will not update any other software than Autocad.

Message 4 of 20
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Thank you @-niels- for the suggestion!

I would add that closing/exiting the Application Manager and running it as administrator seems to work for most users who have run into this issue.

Can you please try that and let us know if it works for you?

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 20
-niels-
in reply to: camilo.lemos

@camilo.lemos You're welcome.

I was just about to link the topic in the Installation & licensing forum where you were already providing assistance 😉

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/autodesk-application-manager/td-p/5724340

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. 

This is how it shows on my screen. The run as admin works, but the error continues at startup, I can of course remove it form boot sequence, but the thing is if it realy is updating just autocad form now on and not the other software (Revit/max... ) 

Message 7 of 20
camilo.lemos

Good call, @-niels-!

@Anonymous Thank you for the images, they're very helpful! I'll bring the issue to the Application Manager team and will get back to you as soon as I have more info.

Camilo Lemos

Message 8 of 20
-niels-

Don't think this will help much, but what happens if you right-click on the application manager icon and select "check now"? does it find any other updates then?

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous

That makes no difference, I will try a reboot without it starting at startup. Than launch the software. 

UPDATE: reboot made no difference

Message 10 of 20
Anonymous

Today the application manager updatet Revit, so it is updating other software also. I still have to run it as Admin after booting windows.

Message 11 of 20
hannesschlaeger

This Autodesk Application Manager is keeping me busy. 

I've reinstalled it on several machines again and again. 

Tonight my computer updated Win 10 to the new build 1511 and again this Application Manager is NOT working.

We don't need a workaround, we need a solution!

Roman
Message 12 of 20
Vagulus

Hi Niels

You wrote "You can try to update it by seeing if it has updates available or downloading the latest version".  I tried that but the version I have is apparently newer than the one that downloads from that link.

I must say that being unable to run the Application Manager (this boot, because this does not happen every time) doesn't seem to have any effect.  But, anyway, do you have any other ideas as to how this can be fixed?

Thanks

"If you can't explain it to a six-year-old,
you don't understand it yourself"
Albert Einstein
Message 13 of 20
-niels-
in reply to: Vagulus

I'm not sure, have you tried the "run as administrator" solution from the other topic?
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/autodesk-application-manager/td-p/5724340

This seems to be a recurring problem, so i hope the people at Autodesk are still looking for the cause.
Other that trying to update the application manager (if there is an update available) or running it as admin, i wouldn't know any solution either...

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 14 of 20
tbcmaster
in reply to: camilo.lemos

you do know that in a corporate environment the fact we have active directory and admin rights for specific people ?

why do some companies just answer with run as adminitrator ? 

Would you give your child a loaded gun ? this is why we lock down permissions, a user that downloads a funny cat video and infects 6 peta bytes of data is not something we want, then again , i assume that if someone from autodesk would of said, give admin rights to users, and the sh. hit the fan, they would be responsible in a way no ?

please let the obvious be known , a failed update on autodesk manager made it run as current user and not service account or other, and therefore it can't start itself to auto -update.......

that answer is like saying , you got a faulty battery , change the car... overkill and dangerous.

for anyone that needs to run this as admin keeping priv's, google runasbob.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous

I was not able to install 3ds Max 2016 because of a conflict with manager.exe (or so the message was saying), so I did as instructed here, by typing 

Taskkill /f /im manager.exe

That seemed to work, except I'm having the problem described in this thread, I get an error message on startup about the Application manager not being available. I tried to uninstall and re-install it, but I'm still getting the message. Do I need to unkill it or something ?

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous

In the end I had to disable it on startup in the settings. How has this still not been fixed ?

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous

My issue with Application Manager is a little different.

It started when I went to update Inventor on my laptop.

There are some screen shots in the attached Word doc.

The App Manager would not open from the tray.

I then tried to reinstall / update it.  It said that was an older version and wouldn't work.

Now I'm stuck.  Hope somebody knows something out there.

Message 18 of 20
ChrisMitchell01

Hi Dave,

First see if the App Mgr can be seen running in Task Manager. (You should see AdAppMgr.exe & AdAppMgrSvc.exe). If you only see 1 of them kill it & then try restarting. There may also be some useful info in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\.AdskAppManager\Log

If that doesn't help, then to reinstall you will need to uninstall the version you currently have - you can do that from Control Panel, Uninstall a program.

Then install your downloaded version & allow it to self-update if required.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous

There's a simple solution to this problem.

Run Application Manager as admin -> Settings -> Uncheck 'Automatically start when you log into the computer'.

This will stop the error popping up at start up.

error.jpg

Message 20 of 20
n.schotten

I would not call that a solution. More a disabeling that stops the use of the program, for not many would manually start it after boot up.

A solution would keep the program running without generating errors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report