Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appearance color varies from model to model

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mitchellstockton
385 Views, 3 Replies

appearance color varies from model to model

I am using Inventor 2014.

When I assign, for example, the color yellow to a part model, the actual color of the model varies between models.  The RGB properties of the color in the appearance editor are exactly the same for these two examples.  Any ideas as to what is going on and how to make these colors appear the same?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Have you check whether you have installed a certified graphic card driver. You could verify from the below link,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

Also under application options - hardware tab - you should be able to change it to other settings to see whether it has an impact.

If you still see any issue, can you send me your model file for further testing.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 4
sam_m
in reply to: mitchellstockton

I'm not certain how graphics drivers will cause this, and I thought the general rule of thumb these days was to use the latest available (which often isn't certified)?

If 2 parts are different colours in the same assembly then I'd guess it has to do with the properties of each part, not the gpu?

Mitchel, post a couple ipt files which show this behaviour.

As a thought - are you using the same material and colour from your library for both?  or have you tweaked an existing colour/material for each and just changed the rgb colours to match?  If so, then all the other properties could be different if they're still set to the "donor" style (e.g. bump-map, emissive colour, etc.) and thus the 2 parts would look different.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 4 of 4

Sam, I noticed for a user that the same appearance color applied to different parts behaved differently. we also observed that the appearance was migrated from previous release. And we were able to reproduce this scenario on a particular graphics only. Thats why i was asking him to do this as a precheck.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report