Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative unit precision

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
658 Views, 3 Replies

Alternative unit precision

Hi All,

Is there a way to change the drawing template so that the precision of alternative units doesn't cause the equivalent to be rounded up?

I have a part where it's thickness is modelled at 1.59mm (=1/16th inch). However, as the precision is set to 1/8th inch by default, the dimension shows 1.59mm equating to 1/8th inch which is incorrect.

Thank you,

Dan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Hi,... in your template file (actually open and edit the template file), go to Styles Editor on the Manage tab.  Under Dimensions, choose the dimension style you will be using in these drawings, select the Alternate Units tab and change the precision as needed.

Important.  Before closing, go to Object Defaults, and ensure that this edited Dimension style is assigned to all of the appropriate types of dimensions.  If you edit one style, but a different one is assigned to the dimension types, you will not see your changes.

CGBenner_0-1595426621506.png

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 4
imajar
in reply to: Anonymous

If your template precision is set to 1/8" then 1.59mm=.062598" rounding up to 1/8" would be correct.

If you want the dimension to read 1/16", then you need to change the precision to 1/16 either in your template, or for the individual dimension.  Is that what you are asking about?

Capture.JPG

Aaron Jarrett, PE
Inventor 2019 | i7-6700K 64GB NVidia M4000
LinkedIn

Life is Good.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: imajar

Yes that's right, I needed to change the template. Thank you for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report