Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom iProperties to drop down menu in Format Text box

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
TEAtkins
961 Views, 1 Reply

Adding custom iProperties to drop down menu in Format Text box

Hello,

I have been tasked with updating my company's default drawing templates. In the title block, we have a field to specify customer, and we are currently populating that field using the "Company" value in the iProperties menu under the Summary tab, which realistically isn't exactly what that value should be used for. Under the "Custom" tab on the iProperties menu, there's the option to create a custom "Client" property, but I have yet to find a way to assign the value of that custom iProperty to a text block. What I would like to do is have the title block function more or less exactly how it does now, just change the name of the text field from "Company" to either "Client" or "Customer" in iProperties. Is this something that's possible and I just haven't found a way to make it work, or am I trying to exceed the limits of the program? Whatever solution we find must work for both Inventor Professional and Inventor LT, as my work station is running Inventor LT 2020 and our engineer is on Inventor Professional 2020 and we are both working from the same set of drawing templates (by way of a shared network drive folder containing the templates and a shortcut from that folder into the templates folder of each of our Inventor directories). Any help that could be provided would be fantastic.

Tom Atkins

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mcgyvr
in reply to: TEAtkins

Add the Custom Iproperty

Edit the title block and in the format text dialog select "Custom Properties - Drawing" and then your custom iproperty name and then press the button circled in red to insert that into the text dialog box..

Save the title block..

Delete the custom iprop so its blank

Do that in your template and voila..

Simple..

(I suspect there may be some details that you might have left out)

Client.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report