Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2025 IFC Importer

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Flies-Eyes
102 Views, 2 Replies

2025 IFC Importer

I have started to review the IFC Importer for Inventor 2025.  I am curious to know if there is a way to manage identical parts instances?  Does Inventor have any capacity to compare identical objects and manage them as a unique part?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
James_Willo
in reply to: Flies-Eyes

Hi Murray, that's good to know that you are looking at IFC.

Inventor will give you whatever is in the IFC file, it won't change it. So if the IFC file is saying items are instances of the same identical thing, it will also create that. 
In the file below I created this in Revit and exported to IFC. The walls come through as single items, but because the window is placed from a family with no modifications, it comes through as a single file with qty 3. 

Hopefully this answers your question. We are keen to know what you think of IFC so please don't hesitate to get back to me if you have more questions or comments. 

James_Willo_0-1719207940966.png

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 3 of 3
Flies-Eyes
in reply to: James_Willo

Further investigation will be required to determine if Inventor needs to interpret the IFC file differently or if I need to alter my IFC file.

In the meantime we will just use the IFC model for reference only.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report