Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Bolted Connection - Can't see Nuts

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
HubesXB
1245 Views, 6 Replies

2021 Bolted Connection - Can't see Nuts

Hi All,

I can't see any nuts when using the bolted connection component generator. Is anyone else having this issue?

Bolts and washers show up as normal, it seems to only be an issue with the nuts. If I use the "Place from Content Center" command, I can access the nuts normally. 

Please refer to the screencast to see the problem.

Cheers,

Hubert

• Inventor Professional 2021, Build: 289, Release: 2021.2
  • Vault Professional 2021, Build 26.1.152.0, 2021.1 Update

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: HubesXB

@ClintBrown3D Autodesk Inventor 430.png

I can confirm that on 2021.1.2 if I make that same selection as you, I am able to add a nut in Bolted Connections.

@johnsonshiue any suggestions?

Message 3 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! The behavior is defective. I need to work with the project team to confirm the behavior. I recalled it was fixed in 2021.2 update. Please try it on 2021.2 update and report back the findings.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 7
HubesXB
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks @johnsonshiue ,

For me, the problem is occurring in 2021.2. I've also tried a bolted connection with different parts in a different assembly and the same thing happens, no nuts available. 

Message 5 of 7
jan_priban

Hello,

it is interesting because when I tried Bolted Connection being connected to local/remote(Vault) server I see Nuts. Basically I see bolts, washer, nuts. Validated on M25_289 (2021.2). 

Bolted Connection uses Content Center search functionality to get appropriate bolts, nuts, washer from Content Center, so could you try if Content Center Advanced Search works on your machine for nuts?

Also try to modify your Project file and remove all user (read/write) libraries. Just experiment if some user nuts are not blocking BC to search nuts.

Regards

Jan Priban

Advanced CC SearchAdvanced CC Search

BC 2021.2BC 2021.2

Message 6 of 7
HubesXB
in reply to: jan_priban

Thanks all for your help,

As mentioned by @jan_priban, it is true that my content centre library is a user (read/write) library, in which all my fasteners have been copied (and link maintained) from both AS (Other) and ISO default content centre libraries. This means that in my project file, I have all other default libraries "unticked" (except for my user library).

I have found three workarounds to the problem:

1. As soon as I re-activated the default libraries, nuts were once again displayed in the bolted connection generator.

2. Making any sort of edit to the family table of a copied nut family (in my user library) will once again display ALL available families in the bolted connection generator. 

3. Suppressing the link to the default libraries also fixed the issue. 

I suppose this is still a bug since my bolts and washers were brought across to my user library the same way, but they were always available in the bolted connection generator. 

Also thanks to @Anonymous from https://www.a2ktechnologies.com.au/ for helping me with this. 

Cheers

Message 7 of 7
jan_priban

Hello,

nice to see you can use workaround and solve your situation.

We (Autodesk) are aware of this issue, it has been already reported with description below. Issue has been already fixed and fix will be included into next update.

Regards

Jan Priban

1. In CC Editor, copy ANSI Hex Bolt-Inch and Hex Nut-Inch to my own library
2.From project setting, uncheck ANSI standard
3. Create a new assembly, and run Bolt Connection, try to select ANSI standard fasterners, I can select the Bolt, but can't see Nut in the dialogue. Try to place from CC, it's doable to place selected nut.
4. I tried other standard, like GB, ISO, there are similar issues that I can't find Nuts in BC dialogue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report