Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 Content Center Keps Nuts

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
265 Views, 1 Reply

2016 Content Center Keps Nuts

Anyone know of a shareable library that has KEPS nuts in Metric and Inch? If not what is the best way to add these to the content center? I have a bunch of models of them downloaded from McMaster, but I am not sure how to combine them into the content center tables. I don't wish to re-create the parts from scratch unless I absolutely have to.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

I can't say someone has created their own read/write content center library - family for this type of hardware, but don't hold your breath waiting for someone to response they have one..  Smiley LOL

Will these nuts be used in Inventor bolted connection?

For content center you will need the following

1.  A custom read-write content center library.  Do you know how to create your own custom library?  If not see this article: https://synergiscadblog.com/2014/03/17/working-with-autodesk-inventor-content-center-part-2-of-3/

2.  A iPart factory of your hardware with the configure data.  This iPart can just have one member/size or all the sizes in the iPart factory table.  However if you downloaded from McMaster Carr most likely these individual files are dumb solid and there's no parametric information behind it.   Meaning you may have to start from scratch.

3. If you're going to use them under bolted connections than you need to author them first (before publishing to your custom content center) as hardware.  Which in itself can be tricky and you may want to start first with a hardware nut already residing in the content center as your template (since it has the authored hardware info).

An alternative solution is to store the individual downloaded information from McMaster Carr as library parts and go that route.   Meaning define a library location in your active project file so that the information can't be over-written by others.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report