Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS2015 (not Shell) with ETO 2019

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mallorn
1093 Views, 1 Reply

VS2015 (not Shell) with ETO 2019

How to set VS2015 (not Shell) to work with ETO 2019 correctly?

After installation of ETO, VS2015 ETO extension is not working properly - but VS2015 shows ETO v8.0 under Extensions. It raises "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error after each Intent command in *.iks designs.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.png

Re-installing of ETO2019 does not help.

I could set the VS2013-Shell to work with ETO 2018 with C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor ETO 2018\Bin\vsExtensionRestore.vbs, but I would like to use VS.

What I did not expect is that VS2013 works now with ETO from 2017 to 2019 - but not ETO2016 (shortly tested only, but with 2017-19 combinations I can see the root tree of ETO Model Browser, Function Navigator and see that VS completes the syntax without above given error - everything what VS2015 does not...)

Or... Maybe I should start the ETO 8 with VS 2015 shell, how?

regards

-------------------------
Tomasz Malinowski
Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
info
in reply to: mallorn

Tomasz,

Were you able to reach a solution to this issue? I am experiencing the same issue after updating to ETO 2020 with Visual Studio 2015.

I found that you can remove the autocomplete function and you are not bombarded by error messages:

Tools>Options>Text Editor>IntentV3>General:

Uncheck option "Auto list members"

I think this is a bug in the extension file "ETOSeriesStudio.EditorExtensions.dll"

It is one file that is a different size between versions.

do you know if the actually works properly if using VS2015 Shell?

Autodesk; please look into this, it is quite a bother. I have attached a video listing the error in action.

it happens ANYTIME I am trying to use autocomplete function:

Parameter

Rule

As

:DesignName

etc.

Thanks in advance!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report