Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant I download onto second device

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
463 Views, 4 Replies

Why cant I download onto second device

Im am very frusterated with this software as it lies saying I can have this on two devices. Ive just paid for a new laptop and now the program is NOT available? The download always fails and Im going to fail a class becuase my teachers are not able to work on a MAC desktop. I am appalled they have us fork over thousands of dollars but cant learn to use two system formats? This may be a free download but I just lost a whole semester because of this failure.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Sorry to hear you're unable to download. You can install on a 2nd computer. I see you have AutoCAD 2017 under your account but your laptop is Mac. So you will need to download AutoCAD for Mac 2017 on your laptop. Please download the Mac version from Education Community and install it on your Mac.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 3 of 5
RobDraw

Why criticize the program before trying to find out what you are doing wrong? AutoDesk's fault for losing an entire semester? Hardly.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: RobDraw

@Anonymous

I can sense you are frustrated but it sounds like you got the wrong AutoCAD application for your laptop and like @RobDraw pointed out...  You should've came asking instead of pointing fingers right at Autodesk and their products. 

Secondly, "The download always fails and Im going to fail a class becuase my teachers are not able to work on a MAC desktop."   So its the fault of the software that your school doesn't work or support a MAC operating system.   I can understand the download failure aspect but you need to ask in how to resolve it.  Anyhow did you check with your school/instructor/teacher before making this purchase and see if it work?  AutoCAD for Mac doesn't have all the features as AutoCAD (for Windows) does.  "I am appalled they have us fork over thousands of dollars but cant learn to use two system formats"  Again what does this have to do with Autodesk products?  You are the one attending this school and not us..  Smiley Wink

If you are having download issues, use the Autodesk Virtual Agent (just google it)...  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 5
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

I understand you are trying to download & install Autodesk software on a MAC device. We need some more information, you indicated you receive an error stating you installed on more than two devices (please provide a screen shot) this may be related to a known issue Autodesk is aware of. 

Try reviewing this  MAC user install error AdSSO.pkg. to update the pkg file & please review this post as well on the Steps for Setting-Up Student Software.

Please report back on your progress. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report