Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is ACAD Private

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
fihansen
8754 Views, 8 Replies

What is ACAD Private

I have taking a license report and on this report there is a lot of appications called ACAD Private XX.X.

We have a lote of users who has different AutoDesk applications but all those users also have this ACAD Private.

What is ACAD Private and do the users need this when they have a AutoDesk license.

Can we remove it from the the machines and if how on Windows 10?

Labels (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: fihansen

Where are you seeing this?

what report are you talking about?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 9
fihansen

We have Flexera License Manager and if we choice AutoDesk products there comes a lot of AutoCAD products where we have license but there is many users who has this ACAD Private, ACAD Private 22, 23, 23.1?

Message 4 of 9
fihansen

I thought it was a simple question with "What is ACAD Private?" Is there really nobody who can tell me?

Message 5 of 9
m_latz

The AutoCAD installation consists of several MSI packages:

• AutoCAD 2020 (acad.msi)
  • AutoCAD 2020 language pack (AcadLP.msi)
  • ACAD Private (AcadPrivate.msi)
  • AutoCAD 2020 - <language> (AcadPS.msi)

And the "ACAD Private" package is one of the msi packages contained in a full AutoCAD (Aca, Mec, Ele, ...) installation.

If there is any AutoCAD installed on your pc you can uninstall this msi package.

Is your question answered ?

regards

Markus

Message 6 of 9
fihansen

OK, i will try to uninstall it. But my question about "What is ACAD Private " is not answered. What is the use of it?

Message 7 of 9
m_latz

"What is ACAD Private" ?

It is a msi installation package which is a required part of an AutoCAD installation. The msi package installs required files for AutoCAD, without this msi package AutoCAD can't run.

The "use of it" is, that the msi package installs required files for the AutoCAD program.

Example from real world: "What are the wheel bolts on my car used for ?" Try to drive without ...

regards

Markus

Message 8 of 9
afr7VUTAW
in reply to: m_latz

I accidentally deleted acadprivate.msi. How do I get it back? Like where can I redownload it?

Message 9 of 9
leowarren34
in reply to: afr7VUTAW

Hi @afr7VUTAW,

It's included in the full installer for AutoCAD, which you can find at https://manage.autodesk.com/ or https://ava.autodesk.com/

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report