Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Installation questions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
darrenguillory
259 Views, 2 Replies

Vault Installation questions

So if we wanted to install Vault 2020 on an isolated (no Internet access) engineering network computer, would we install

Vault office & Vault Basic on that computer via thumb drive first and then Vault Client on my computer and direct my computer back to the engineering network computer?

Just want to make sure that we are on the good path to having a successful installation.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: darrenguillory

you need to install the vault server on that isolated computer & the clients on the computers that have inventor & etc installed

i don’t think vault office will work with vault basic

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 3

@darrenguillory 

As @DarrenP  pointed out, Vault office doesn't work with Vault basic.  In order to use Vault office you need to purchase Vault workgroup or Vault Pro.

In addition Vault basic client requires a CAD application (like AutoCAD, Inventor, and etc) to already be installed on the machine or your machine.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report