Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add myself to user account for newly purchased ADAD LT

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
dhoward
676 Views, 14 Replies

Unable to add myself to user account for newly purchased ADAD LT

I just purchased the subscription for ACAD LT today and am unable to use it. Here are the issues:

1) I downloaded ACAD 2017 according to my account. This download fails and will not execute. I researched it and went to ACAD Virtual Agent. The only option there was to download ACAD LT 2016, so I did.

2) I downloaded ACAD LT 2016 and I'm still unable to access my program. It gives me the error message stating that I need to contact my administrator and have them add me to the account. So I went to my account page.

3) In my account page, I have one seat available. I tried adding myself to this seat and the website just sits and thinks and won't do anything.

I'm pretty much hosed with my business right now and getting ahold of anyone for customer support is near impossible, so I'm on the forum seeking assistance.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Otto
in reply to: dhoward

Hello dhoward and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you need to find out more about downloading or re-downloading software, or are having issues that may be resolved by re-downloading.

For Windows users, before downloading products on Windows 10, please check that the product is compatible.

For general information about downloading or re-downloading (including eligibility), Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful:

Download Finder

Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Download Methods

Find Your Eligibility for Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Oftentimes installation and/or download issues can be addressed by using a different download method, or by downloading directly from the Autodesk Virtual Agent. Community members with similar issues found the following article(s) useful:

Software & Downloads

Downloading Previous Versions of Autodesk Software Using the Virtual Agent (Please be sure to disable your firewall and anti-virus before downloading)

Performing a Clean Uninstall

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 15
john.vellek

Hi @dhoward and welcome to the community. I have moved you to the L&I forum as I think you will get a better solution here.  Please check out this thread on how to talk with someone right away!

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 15
Mark.Lancaster

@dhoward

I thought all of the 2017 products were on Autodesk Virtual Agent but I was wrong..  You can get Acad LT 2017 from here and that will help with your installation issue.   Are you the contract manager for your subscription?  By default when a software is purchased the license is assigned to the contract manager account.   Also only the contract manager and software coordinator can assign and edit users access.

Update:  Also I just re-read your posting..  If you just purchased today it can take up to 24 hours for your account to sync properly.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 15
dhoward
in reply to: john.vellek

I followed the link and went to the schedule a call assitant (which I did previously before I posted) and all that happens is it goes to an error page that says:

"Hello!

Please follow the instruction below to help us get you what you need:

- I am a partner, take me to my downloads.

- I am a customer and have reached this page in error. Please send me to customer support."

I called the autodesk number earlier, got connected to an operator who transferred me to technical support. I left a message there and have not received a call back...going on almost 5 hours later at this point in time.

Hence my frustration with Autodesk. I should have never changed from my old stand alone version of ACAD LT. A business decision I won't make again.

Message 6 of 15
dhoward
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Mark,

So I probably didn't read the fine print in regards to the 24 hrs. I purchased a single seat license subscription. I am the contract manager/user. I will try the link you provided.

Thanks,

Message 7 of 15
dhoward

Mark,

In the link you provided it does not go to a download page. It errors out.

Message 8 of 15
dhoward

I guess I should clarify the last post. It goes to a forum thread with links. The link to the 2017 ACAD LT in that thread does not work.

Message 9 of 15
matthew.d

Hi @dhoward,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. It can take up to 24 hours for new orders to fully sync. I have also submitted a resync of your account. If you are not seeing yourself in your account by tomorrow morning, please let me know. Anyone else not seeing themselves automatically added to the users page, please contact customer care directly here.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 10 of 15
dhoward
in reply to: matthew.d

Thanks.

It appears there are (2) issues.

1) Syncing - that is probably resolved.

2) I'm unable to download ACAD 2017. I'm not really worried about it, but it is concerning.

Message 11 of 15
Mark.Lancaster

@dhoward

Sorry about that..  Smiley Mad  They were working at one point...  In your Autodesk Account listing of product, is there an option under the install now button for AutoCAD LT 2017?   Hoping there is so you can change it to browser download..

@Darin.Green and @TravisNave  Our community download posting..  Most of the links do not work anymore.  I know the Autodesk Virtual Agent is up and running but I just found out that Acad LT 2017 is not even there.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 12 of 15
dhoward

I can see AutoCAD LT if I go to the downloads part. I attached what I see from my account homepage.

Message 13 of 15
Mark.Lancaster

@dhoward

Change the platform to 32b or 64b and you should get the browser download method.  Hope that helps.

Mark Lancaster

Message 14 of 15
dhoward

That is working and it is downloading. Thank you!

Message 15 of 15
dhoward

My name is now listed on the users seats!

I'm good to go now (I think). thank you for the help. The forum is certainly way easier than trying to call.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report