Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
135109 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 301 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: adel077

could anyonr please help with this issue i have a problem with the autodesk activation process, for Revit Architecture the Seiral number and the product key works but the activation screen doesnt appear for the program. Usaully when you activate a revit product the activation sceen comes up ive tried many times but it seems not to work! I've asked classmates and they said its never happend to them before do I have a bug.. First i unistalled the program and then reinstalled it. --(doesnt work) then i contacted autodesk they seem to say the same process everytime) I've tried everything but buying a new computer to install the program on. ;/ thanks for reading here is the error i get instead of an activation screen!!! noconnection to license.png

Message 302 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: brian.kling

Brian, Hi, David H. here.

I just downloaded and installed ACAD Structural Detailing from the Educational Website.  It is running under the 30 day trial.  I have not been able to activate it.  It tells me that the SN is incorrect.  I went to "My Software" and verified the name of the software and SN.  The SN is the same but the Product Code is different.  I tried the option of going to Autodesk for activation and when I entered the SN it said the product is ACAD Revit Structure Suite not ACAD Structural Detailling.  I don't know that I didn't transpose or miscopy the SN and Product Code at the time of download, but I'm pretty sure I didn't.  I'm very careful and double and triple check always.  If I procede and load the Request code given at the activation screen the response is that it is the wrong Request Code.  I filled out a Request for service and got the same information from Autodesk.  I don't think I gave them enough information for them to fully understand the situation.  I think they assumed I had the SN and Product Key on the Box and just needed to reenter it.  I have replied to them and am waiting for a response.  They also suggested I try the discussiion group.  This is the first time I have used the Discussion Group. 

Thank you

David

Message 303 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

leighton84,

It looks like you installed the software as a network as apposed to a standalone deployment. Are you able to uninstall / reinstall with the standalone option checked?

Message 304 of 1,174
philip.s

Hi dhulse, welcome to the Discussion Groups!

For starters your serial does correspond to Revit Structure Suite 2012, of which AutoCAD Structural Detailing is a component. Please note that the product key listed (256D1) is also correct. I've taken ownership of your support request case and will gladly help troubleshoot the issue. In order to do so, can you please reply back to the last email you received with a screen shot of the activation screen containing the request code.

Message 305 of 1,174
Anonymous

Activation Screen Shot

Note the different Product Key No.  587D1

Thankyou

Message 306 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat

HI dhulse:

Please remove the attached file on your message as it has the serial number and request code.  Remember not to post sensitive information here like serial number.

With regard to the product key, please update this information to 256D1. You can go to this link and follow the instruction from this link: http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=3yearlicense_faq#10 I will send you an email through private message 

(envelope next to your account name at the top of this page).

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 307 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: philip.s

yes ive reinstalled it several times and went with the stand alone still some problems!!

Message 308 of 1,174
Anonymous

Hi

I apologize for my inexperience.  I am not well versed in online communication.  Please bear with me. This is my first use of the Discussion Group and have not read the guidelines for use and issues related to sensitive information.  I have tried to remove the attached file from the posting but have not discovered how to do so.  

My inexperience means that alot of time I'm making a best guess at the next step.  A detailed set of directions will be appreciated.

Thank you

dhulse

Message 309 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

Hi

I followed the link you suggested and discovered a couple things.  The 3 year license supports 2010, apparently not 2012.  The product code you referred is for 2010.  I had downloaded the 2012 version (the SN and PCode as shown)being unaware of the restrictions.  I have the SN and Code for the Structural Detailing 2010.  How should I procede?

Thank you

dhulse

Message 310 of 1,174
philip.s

No need to apologize dhulse 🙂

I've removed the attachment from your posting (Options in the upper right hand corner, Edit Reply, and then Delete next to the attachment).

256D1 is the correct product key pertaining to Revit Structure Suite 2012 (AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2012 is a component). 587D1 is actually the product key for AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2012 as a standalone product, not the suite. As your serial number corresponds to the suite, using the the wrong product key / 587D1, explains why the request code is invalid.

The only way that I'm aware of to update the product key and consequently resolve the issue is to uninstall / reinstall with the correct product info (using 256D1).

Hope that helps and please let us know how it goes!

Message 311 of 1,174
philip.s

leighton84,

Not sure what would be causing that then. I'd suggest either a clean uninstall, or create a new thread on the Installation and Licensing board where the topic will get more visibility. Sorry that I couldn't be of more help!

Message 312 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: philip.s

Hi Philip, dhulse here.

I've gathered a bit more information and would like to know what you think.  Going to the software download page for Acad Struct Dtl 2012 shows the same SN and the same Product Code I used at installation.  I think anyone downloading and installing the software will wind up with the same result as me.  What's interesting, is that when I examine the entry for Acad Struct Dtl on My Software page there are two entries (niether activated) one for the 2012 version and one for the 2010 version.  Both are referred to as Autocad Structural Detailing not Revit Structure Suite.  The 2012 SN is the same as the one I recieved at download.  The product code is different from the one given on the download page.  It is in fact the one Customer Service says is correct.  I think that error was made at the time the software was place on the Download Page.  At this time anyone attempting to download the 2012 version will get the wrong SN and Product Code and probably wind in the same boat I'm in.

I'm reluctant to attempt the "Clean Uninstall"  I don't like the idea of messing around with the Registry Page.  The cautionary notes are kind of scary and I'm not that confident in my skills.

Please let me know what you think

dhulse

Message 313 of 1,174
philip.s

Hello dhulse,

You are completely right and I appreciate you bringing that issue to our attention. The Education Community team will be updating the page so that it displays the correct product key 256D1 when initially clicked on to request a license / download.

In regards to the clean uninstall, that was a suggestion for leighton84. A standard uninstall (add or remove programs) should work to resolve your issue :smileyhappy:

Message 314 of 1,174
Anonymous

Hello there,

I'm having problems activating my AutoCAD 2012 I have the serial number and everything, however it says:

'The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)'

I've contacted the autodesk customer support via email and they merely said they have no records of the serial number, I assume because its a Student version, which they refered me to "http://students.autodesk.com and click on the link 'Support' ". Which I had no joy with, found no answers. I have had previous versions but my old laptop, sadly that laptop failed to carry on so I tried install the new CAD on my new laptop. Product key - 001D1

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dave

Message 315 of 1,174
philip.s

Hi sk8r-dave,

I apologize for the inconvenience. For whatever reason your AutoCAD 2012 serial number didn't flow into our backend system and thus why our customer support team was unable to validate it. I've removed it from your profile and generated a new one, confirming that you wouldn't experience the same issue. I'll send you a Private Message with the relevant info but you can also find it in the Education Community, under "My Software".

Message 316 of 1,174
Anonymous

Hi,

i cant seem to get my serial. i go into products and it says one but when i enter it it says i havent downloaded anything.

It keeps saying there are no serials.

Message 317 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat

Hi johnsmith2012:

Please contact our Education Community Team through this link:http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=problem_form and request a new serial number. You may also send me your log-in information through private message(

(envelope next to your account name at the top of this page) so I may research further on your issue.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 318 of 1,174
Anonymous

i need to setup paperspace for design in scale 1:100, whn i do, it'll return to scale 1:1, need a brain here.
Message 319 of 1,174
Anonymous

Hi I am VERY UPSET!

Ive had to request a serial every time that I need to use Maya for the last 3 months! I am a student and this is ridiculous! I have a physical copy 2011 and 2012 copy of maya but its to the point where Im failing classes because I am at the feet of a useless tech support! I need help and I keep having the problem! ive tried to reach someone but I have gotten nothing but a survey about my horrible experience!

Message 320 of 1,174
Anonymous

I had activate my Autocad Architecture on a different browser but i does not update to ny software, what should i do? The browser on my software had an error so i uses google chrome instead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report