Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
lilachshahaf
631 Views, 5 Replies

student version

One of the office computers had a student version of 2020 installed. Suddenly it stopped working and when I tried to download and reinstall failed.
Happened to someone here maybe?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: lilachshahaf

why are you using a student at your work?

Message 3 of 6
pendean

Thanks for notifying Autodesk that your office is violating licensing at your office: hope the boss is happy 🙂
Message 4 of 6
lilachshahaf
in reply to: pendean

In fact, I recently bought a license - I wanted to test an upgrade without removing an earlier version

Message 5 of 6
natasha.l

Hello @lilachshahaf

Thank you for posting. 

I wanted to make you are aware that educational software is offered to qualified users & for educational purposes. Please review our terms & conditions below for further details.

Definition of Educational Purposes:

"Generally “Educational Purposes” means (i) in the case of a Qualified Educational Institution, Faculty or Other Authorized Educational Licensees, purposes directly related to learning, teaching, training, research and development that are part of the instructional functions performed by a Qualified Educational Institution or Other Authorized Educational Licensee and (ii) in the case of Students, purposes related to learning, training, research or development. “Educational Purposes” does not include commercial, professional or any other for-profit purposes.

Please see the license agreement or terms of service that applies to the product or service you are licensing and/or using for all specific terms, conditions and definitions."

In the case of needing to test Autodesk software before purchase, a trial is what should be used. Autodesk trials are available for a limited time usually 30 days, allowing you to run the full software version. 

Message 6 of 6
lilachshahaf
in reply to: natasha.l

Hi Natasha,
Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention.
I will check with the student working on the computer in question what his or her future needs will be and act accordingly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report