Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student continuing their work at school

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
386 Views, 5 Replies

Student continuing their work at school

I believe in most schools a student is given a homework where they create something at home, using their Student license of the software, and then they return to school and continue working on the project in the class, which uses Educational Institution license. So why is that a violation of License Agreement as seen in this dialog when trying to open file at school? What does Autodesk expect students to do?

3ds max.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Has the educational institution confirmed that the licenses they carry are educational versions? 

It can be verified by reviewing the Manage License section. 

Image result for identifying educational version autodesk

Otherwise, please reach out to the Educational Support Team they handle educational licenses of our software. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Yes. It says "Network: Educational Version"

In account

License type: Network

education perpetual - multi-user

But even the dialog said "use... by an educational institution... violation"

Message 4 of 6
leowarren34

What does clicking continue do?

As with the info supplied you're legally fine, something in the metadata isnt right then.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 5 of 6
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

I recommend reaching out to the educational support team. 

I would be specific about how the file is being managed, on what type of drive & process the students takes. 

For example: The students use Google drive & open their files at school(perpetual network license), then they go open the file at home(student license). They return to school, open the file & the error message pops-up. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 6 of 6
dgorsman

The wording is a bit misleading IMHO.  I suspect the intention is that the EDU content cannot be used by the institution itself (for example, promotional or sold teaching materials), rather than prohibiting it's use by students *at* such a location.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report